Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Battle of Fallujah coming soon!

2nd Battle of Fallujah coming soon!

I'm happy to announce that 2nd Battle of Fallujah taking place on Isla Duala will be released for TG soon. I would really like to thank BarnesBL0278 for all support and sharing his experience with me about the battle. Mission is going to be about 90% realistic and will introduce fighting urban warfare in a new way with help of mechanized armor. Be ready for blast!

The Second Battle of Fallujah — code-names Operation Al-Fajr — was a joint U.S.-Iraqi-British offensive in November and December 2004. It was led by the U.S. Marine Corps against the Iraqi insurgency stronghold in the city of Fallujah. The U.S. military called it "some of the heaviest urban combat U.S. Marines have been involved in since the Battle of Hue City in Vietnam in 1968.
    Marines, which is one of the smallest branches in the army, didn't have great equipment due to poor financing. You could see M16A2, M16A4 ironsights, with small numbers of Acog's and aimpoints - all in one squad...

Re: 2nd Battle of Fallujah coming soon!

O.O

oh my god.

can't wait my good man!

Comment

FYI - (not dinging you, just input).

I was working on this exact mission in Avgani (scrapped it due to it going away) with a marine recon buddy of mine.

Things to note:
      - Force Recon had a presence in the area, and they were far better equipped. (my friend was a 249 gunner). Force recon was equiped with uh, "more advanced" stuff
      - Insurgents liked to hide in cemeteries
      - Mosques and cemeteries were no-fire zones unless fired upon due to religious significance. There were multiple "incidents" revolving around these rules.
      - The city took days of Arty prior to the invasion; lots of fires, smoke, and destroyed buildings.

Dunno if you already implemented those things, but they were big factors (for him) on the ground.

EDIT: PS, totally excited you got this going :) I gave up after maps starting going poo-poo.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
      Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Bring it!!

Comment

Isn't this in the wrong forum Mikee?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
            Isn't this in the wrong forum Mikee?
            My bad :).

Comment

Released ===> click the link ===> http://www.speedyshare.com/files/220...Fallujahv1.rar

Comment

Originally posted by jaynus View Post
                Things to note:
                - Force Recon had a presence in the area, and they were far better equipped. (my friend was a 249 gunner). Force recon was equiped with uh, "more advanced" stuff
                - Insurgents liked to hide in cemeteries
                - Mosques and cemeteries were no-fire zones unless fired upon due to religious significance. There were multiple "incidents" revolving around these rules.
                - The city took days of Arty prior to the invasion; lots of fires, smoke, and destroyed buildings.
                Lookin' good Mikee.

Jaynus, this is an old video and we've all probably seen it before. It appears that Mosques and such are no fire zones but by god you can rain hell on everthing around them without getting fired upon first :) ...

|| Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.6GHz || BFG NVidia GeForce GTX 285 OCX || Sound Blaster X-Fi || 4 Gig OCZ Reaper DDR2 || Vista 32bit (sucks) ||

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X