some noob questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some noob questions

i have some basic questions about how to edit a mission on my own. i have made some research here and there and i could not find all my answers so i thought about posting some here.

first i made a single unit patrolling around a sector. i want to add more units that will stay there guarding instead of following the patrol. When i add one, a blue link appears between him and the patrol that becomes a "group leader" and both start patrolling together. how do i remove this link so only one unit will patrol around the area?

also, i want to add a pickup with mounted PK with lights on that will guard a road nearby my other units guarding the same sector. the pickup shall not move at all, providing light on the road for upcoming units.

thanks for answering.

Re: some noob questions

The blue line indicates that the unit is in the other unit's group. If you select the 'group' option and click+drag off of the group or onto another unit they will join that other group or join no group.

As for the lights, have the pickup be in its own group facing the direction you want. There's some init command to have its lights turned on, but I don't remember what it is...

If you want, you can make it an empty truck, and then just add the gunner... but I don't know if that will allow the lights to be turned on unless you used a game logic in the driver's seat.

Comment

Well thank you OzyTheSage. I will try this.

Comment

i got another question.

im trying to put a civilian hostage in an house with 2 guards inside and one on patrol outside the house. Each and every time i get to the house, the patrol is dead and the hostage in the back of the house. no one is inside the house.

how can i fix this so both the hostage and guards spawn in the house and avoid killing the hostage?

Comment

I'm no expert, but I think you can link the hostage to a independent and make that independent with zero probability of appearing. Then make sure that independents are neutral to both blufor and redfor.
          sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

For the hostage, set the initialisation to SetCaptive=True.

Ensure the Guards and Patrol are on the same side i.e. OPFOR.

For the guards you need to specify the house position. Get hold of Mr Murrays Editing Guide and the solution is in there. You need the guards to have a waypoint so that they don't just wander off. For exact placement of the guards ensure that they are NOT in FORMATION.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X