Require several people for testing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Require several people for testing

Elloes, I'm after several (talking 5 or more) guys to aid in mission testing the Alpha domi edit / will need you to go nuts killing yourself, each other, ai, healing yourselves, each other, engi repairing vehicles, calling arty, etc, getting into and out of vehicles, blowing them up, lifting anything you could possibly imagine, then farming for an air asset from rewards and checking that crew check works on that too, will prolly take some time to do so on all 60 slots, so I expect to be at it for an hour at least

I'm hoping to do this next Saturday, 15th January at a tba time, anyone up for helping?

Also if there's anything you'd like to see on Alpha domi please request now before I decide enoughs enough :p

Re: Require several people for testing

I'm up for it.

Comment

I hope you made the ai hard....what I find that we are missing is a challengeable mission in which we must plan and execute as a team in order to "maybe" win....and I hope proper TTPs will be abel to be applied against AI so the AI is not just blob put down.

I know you went at great lengths for doing this, toys are nice, game play and a true challenge is what I would be looking for! :) great job, I'll give my Irregulars a shout to come give you a hand!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I could fix the ai skill, tank numbers on hard and lots and remove the option to change via parameter should you want :p I find 90% of the time noones bothered to change settings, hence why too easy :p

It's also non revive, which should make it a lot harder ( I've never been fond of the revive domi) plus I'm working on ensuring the ACE medical system works and isn't overridden by the domi one, work in progress which I hope to have ready to test come next Saturday,

Otherwise - what be TTP's? Team tactic protocols or something?

Ive been considering messing with how
        Many of what domi spawns for objectives, but this forth have been a bit too cautious regarding destroying the basic functionalities in some way that could ruin the game in some unknown way until the last moment :p

60 players also... Domi tends to level difficulty & enemy count on it's own... May be a server killer!

Comment

weekends are hard for me, but i'm usually around weekday mornings eastern time (gmt -5 i think?) if you ever want to test during the day...if i see you on the server i will try to get on.

Comment

If I'm around, and I should be, I'll help. I'm an expert at blowing myself up!

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Also if there's anything you'd like to see on Alpha domi please request now
              If there is a way to link getting into an asset to a particular slot for a CO or admin that would be a huge help on the Alpha server. I know this may be a scripting nightmare. I was thinking of even a trigger around the vehicle spawn point that will only let the vehicle be mountable if the leader slot is in the zone. It binds the CO to the main base running around to authorize pilots & crewman but would sure help when the server has no password.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
              189th Infantry Brigade Member
              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I tried a few ways of doing that Unk, but had trouble with each, fraid for now it's beyond my capabilities sadly - but if anyone else can figure it out, they're more than welcome to point out how they did it ;p

I don't think only allowing mounting whilst the leader is in the area is a great idea also - E.g. one of the birds goes down and needs to be scuttled whilst crew and passengers take cover nearby, perhaps one of the engineering team is out there with them or the bird is still serviceable, they wouldn't be able to move until the transport wing commander is within x m from them... Which would just be a pain for the Transport commander and Command in general to allow for imo. It's bad enough that they are stuck should the pilot go down atm I think ;p I'm considering making crew chief positions though, which would give you two people able to fly in a pinch. Would increase slot numbers however.

Ah, just realised Admins weren't setup to be able to get in helis etc... Need to sort ;p

Comment

Originally posted by Siantis View Post
                  If I'm around, and I should be, I'll help. I'm an expert at blowing myself up!
                  You're also an expert at not blowing up your intended target!

I can help.
                  Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

Originally posted by Daishi2442 View Post
                    You're also an expert at not blowing up your intended target!

I can help.
                    Dear god he's back. D:

Comment

The first thought I had Jacezz about the trigger zone around the vehicles would only apply at they're spawn point. But I don't know how scripting works dang it. If the vehicle is in the "spawn zone" which is 1m bigger than the vehicle then it is not mountable unless slot "x" is in the zone. Otherwise, anyone can get it like it is now. It wouldn't be a perfect match for the idea but at least the respawned vehicles would be protected from unauthorized use. But I don't know how these two conditions could be scripted.... Say the default condition is...the vehicle is not mountable. If the vehicle is not in the spawn zone then vehicle is mountable else if... (is the leader player in the spawn zone for that vehicle then the vehicle is mountable).

I can't wait to test this latest version for Alpha...but dang it I never know from one minute to the next on a sat what I can commit to due to me job on that day. Ah, well, hope to see you all in game.

In all honesty I enjoy the Bravo games much better but am very interested to develop the player base through Alpha as much as RL permits. I'm very excited to see some work put into modding Domi for this purpose. I think it is a great way to get players through the nuts & bolts of squad work with a margin of error that allows for bringing in players looking for coordinated teamwork rarely found in public servers.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer
                      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                      189th Infantry Brigade Member
                      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

If it's only for when at spawn the admin can lock and unlock vehicles at his discretion, essentially allowing the above anyway as part of the usual domi scripts, without the need for an in list list check thing.

Comment

Its good to see that this project is coming along! Make sure you keep us up to date :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Have you dabbled with side missions at all? If you have, remember that one about destroying the SCUD Launcher at the Oasis?
                            Would it be possible to adjust the position the vehicles spawn at so they do not spawn under/in water?

Comment

If you move the date to next friday then I can help whole day long.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X