Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIS Base Template

Hey guys,
    Last night in the MSO, Recon asked me to post the function file (.sqf) of how to place down BIS base templates that are already defined in the game, so here goes.

The function file is called "objectMapper.sqf", but to run the file, you need to call it using the full path to it, "ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectMapper.sqf ".

To spawn the Base, you have to pass some parameters first.
    This first Parameters is the postion was where you want it to spawn.
    The Second is which direction to make it face.
    The third one is which base you want to spawn.

Heres a List of Base's:
    smallbase
    bunkerMedium05
    fuelDepot_US
    GuardPost3_US_EP1
    GuardPost4_US
    AntiAir1_US
    Camp1_US
    FireBase1_US

Here is an example of how to spawn a BIS Base Template.
    Camp_01 = [getPos player, random 360, "smallbase"] call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectMapper.sqf');

The example will spawn the base at my players postion, then it will have a random direction and it will be spawning the smallbase template.

If you need anymore help about this, just ask me and i'll be sure to help.
    Last edited by Hawke; 02-09-2011, 01:17 PM.

Re: BIS Base Template

Thanks a lot for that! This will really help guys in creating a base easier next time the mission starts. You use the debug console to get this to work, correct?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, thats correct.
      If theres any problems with it while in game on the MSO, just shout and i'll have a look.

Comment

Thanks to Hawke, here is the full list of bases you an build.

http://pastebin.com/yT4GPtpC

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

To delete the base created with the function, you will need to run the snippet of code below.

_objects = nearestObjects [player, ["Static", "Staticweapon","Thing"], 35]; {deletevehicle _x} foreach _objects;

WARNING! This will delete objects that have been placed while the mission is running.

Comment

EDIT: That code deletes objects within a small swath around the player.

Comment

I knew i missed something to mention.

Comment

Ok, so if people want to use the road block they need to find the degree of orientation (of the road) and subtract 110 degrees for it to align with the road. So if you are trying to build a roadblock on a north (000) facing road, you subtract 110 from that and get 250 degrees. That is what you put into the code.

Camp_01 = [getPos player, 250, "checkpoint1_US"] call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectMapper.sqf');

Comment

Can this thread be made a "Sticky" for future MSO events please...?
                  [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X