The Request A Mission Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Request A Mission Thread

Do you have an idea for a mission that you think would be cool? Was there a historical battle you would love to see recreated? Post here in this thread to help give ideas to TGs mission designers.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Re: The Request A Mission Thread

I would like a mission with a harrier that is locked for everyone without the profile name "|TG-XV| Tralic" plz.

In all seriousness I have been considering doing a series of battles based on the Nagorno-Karabakh War between armenia and azerbajain, but i have never gotten around to it. The terrain is very similiar to Chernarus and there was actually three sides in the war which could make some nice 3-way missions. I decided not to do the series in the end, but if you lacking ideas you might consider recreating a battle or even a series of battles. Wiki links:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagorno-Karabakh_war
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_Shusha
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Goranboy
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mardake...uni_Offensives
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kelbajar

EDIT: A GBU harrier, not the crap one.

Comment

My current mission ideas

TVT22 / ADV22 (or more)

1 Civ scientist has just discovered some crazy way to make a doomsday device, hearing of this America and Russia send their best in to find and take him hostage, with intent to have him share the knowledge.

Playable slots

2 x 5 man SFOD team West
      1 x Blackhawk transport

2 x 5 man Spetznatz team East
      1 x Mi8 transport

Would be respawn, JIP with exception that if the Scientist dies, it's game over. The Scientist would be guarded by a few groups of Independent guerillas. Possibly make the Scientist player controlled and spin it with 3 player groups, or just have 3 teams, blue / op trying to capture and Ind trying to keep him in their hands...

Thinking I'll make this on Monday / Tues... Depending on time constraints etc.

'Nother.

CO5 - Assasination

As a Spetznatz team the players must make their way sneaky like to assasinate a leading revolutionary leader within their midst. They would sneak by patrols and set up in a nice sniper spot where they wait for the leader to come to a meeting in x place, assasinate the leader when he shows up and then leg it out of there as fast as possible. Respawn and JIP would be iffy. I think No respawn, but JIP... but may involve some running.

CO22 - Wall breaker of some sort

The Americans have fortified their position on x field with AT and AA weaponry, two russian squads with 2 man command element must assault this fort from it's flank, through a treeline and clear it out. JIP, no respawn imo.

CO6 10tonne needle

A US SFOD team sneaks behind enemy lines, eliminates a Manpad position and then co-ordinates with an overhead GBU-12 harrier to take out a tank depot before moving to an extraction point. No respawn, No JIP.

TVT 22

Two 10 man squads with mortar support fight over control of a town, ticket based respawn - both teams allowed... 30 tickets? Not 100% Sure.

I've got a tonne more I have in mind, from the simple stuff above to more extreme crazy ideas. Biggest problem for me is finding decent locations to do them in :/ (hint hint ;p). Any comments / suggestions please give!
      Last edited by Jacezz; 03-05-2011, 04:49 PM.

Comment

We played a couple missions as insurgents which had to attack a US convoy that was coming down the road and then fall back into a city - that was pretty interesting. We could even turn this into a TVT mission as well, as long as the convoy plays it like it is meant to be played and stays on the defined road.

Maybe a 'Restrepo' type mission either as insurgents or blufor. I am not sure if we have an island that is suitable for that though.

I am really interested in some more TvT missions. Maybe I am just anxious for PR, but AI are boring the hell out of me.

That is all I can think of for now :) Will post more as they come to me.

Comment

I know that back when Special OPs was on the Military Channel I loved it! Though it was only a single good guy going against a bunch of bad guys, I feel that you would just have to tweak it a little to acomadate more numbers, or even turn it into a campaign event or something!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

By the sounds of it that spec ops mission thing would work really well as small TvTs, gonna have a look into it when I'm home

Comment

Originally posted by baguiar View Post
              We played a couple missions as insurgents which had to attack a US convoy that was coming down the road and then fall back into a city - that was pretty interesting. We could even turn this into a TVT mission as well, as long as the convoy plays it like it is meant to be played and stays on the defined road.
              I believe one of them was co12 Oi! An Ambush. Love that mission (at least until the Apaches come on station!)

Maybe for a convoy TvT type mission, the OpFor could have a random spawn variable setup so that the ambush point is random.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

We could try to fix up run PMC for the new ACE, tis pretty much a good description of the above imo ;p

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X