Operation Re-gift - may take a while

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Re-gift - may take a while

I'm going to jump into this Arma2 editing again. I am going to be asking for help so I hope it's not too much bother for a quick tip here & there. Here is the mission idea:

OPERATION RE-GIFT

This is an 8 man spec-ops mission to weaken enemy morale, divert their attention & also win support with the repressed population. The goal is to steal General Abjulabi's prized SUV from his mountian hide away. Parade the SUV in the nearby town of Nur where it will be most recognized. Then deliver it intact to the leader of Nagara as a gift. (Don't worry, we have covert operators in Nagara that will keep our prize safe once delivered)

So my first problem is how to activate a trigger with the SUV present in the zone. Then how to activate the end RTB trigger to only fire if the other triggers have fired (ie: Steal SUV,Parade SUV, Deliver SUV)
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Operation Re-gift - may take a while

On the phone will elaborate later but for the first one set the trigger and sync it too the vehicle so the activation changes to object or something to that effect instead of blufor,and choose "is present"

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Unk View Post
      So my first problem is how to activate a trigger with the SUV present in the zone. Then how to activate the end RTB trigger to only fire if the other triggers have fired (ie: Steal SUV,Parade SUV, Deliver SUV)
      •Steal SUV•
      •name the playable slots (i.e. player1, player2, etc)
      •Create a trigger covering the objective/SUV.
      •With in the newly created trigger, type in the following in the conditions box;
      ((!alive player1) and (player1 in SUV)) and ((!alive player2) and (player2 in SUV))
      -until all the 8 man team is listed

>what this does, the trigger will check if any if the members are dead and if any of them are in the vehicle.
      Useful for the stealing SUV, parade SUV.

more to follow...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Awesome thank you for the tips: now the first set of triggers will work.

Trigger is set to fire when Bluefor is present & checks repeatedly. Condition is:
        this and ((player1 in SUV) or (player2 in SUV))

The only problem is you can have player1 in the SUV anywhere on the map & only player2 in the trigger. The simpler way to do this is just to check that the SUV is in the trigger if that is possible. It doesn't matter who is in it as long as it gets there.

* I see in one of the tutorial video's that there was an option under activation for "vehicle" that seems to have been removed.
        Last edited by Unkl; 04-02-2011, 02:36 AM.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Try grouping the trigger to the suv maybe?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Anyone know how to return the unit name that activated the trigger? Then it would be as easy as:
            this and (unitName in SUV)

I also tried:
            this and (SUV in "triggername")

And looked through the command reference for anything like isPresent or getActivatedUnit or such.

I have tried to sync the trigger to the SUV & visa versa but doesn't seem to do anything. I'm not sure what you mean Acog about grouping the trigger to the SUV but will be back at it later this afternoon & may just pester you guys on TS.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

this and (SUV distance give) < 50;

The name of the trigger is "give" with a radius of 50 detected by OPFOR is present. Man alive what a clunky process to start with. But with what starts as unintuitive as far as software tools I've used usually ends up being very flexible and powerful when figured out.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Unk View Post

The only problem is you can have player1 in the SUV anywhere on the map & only player2 in the trigger. The simpler way to do this is just to check that the SUV is in the trigger if that is possible. It doesn't matter who is in it as long as it gets there.
                * I see in one of the tutorial video's that there was an option under activation for "vehicle" that seems to have been removed.
                To check if the SUV is in the trigger is to simply;
                -Create a trigger
                -Activation "Vehicle"
                -Condition: this

*Activation via "Vehicle" is only possible if you have grouped the "object,vehicle,infantry, etc"
                it will automatically change/show up in the options window (top left).
                i.e. Press the Group (F2?), click and drag the mouse/pointer to the trigger and the leader unit of your playergroup.
                *You will notice a difference in colour from the Synchronize lines.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Got the mission working & submitted but trying to polish it once more over & have another question:

I have 10 civillians that if harmed I want to trigger a lose condition. Now instead of creating a trigger for each civillian can I put their names in an array & have one trigger check for them being hurt or alive as a group? Here's the way I've done it in other scripting languages but I don't know how to set it up & where to put it in Arma2.

civilians = {"citizen1","citizen2","citizen3","citizen4"..."ci tizen10"}

i=1
                  for #civilians do
                  if !alive civilian[i] then forceEnd;
                  i = i + 1;
                  next
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

This is where I've got to fumbling around....(I don't get if these variables should be global or local...if the script can function server side only...but have the syntax worked out i think)....

civi = ["citizen1","citizen2","citizen3","citizen4","citiz en5","citizen6","citizen7","citizen8","citizen9"," citizen10"]
                    lose = false;
                    // assuming these are defined in the init.sqf since they are global

//assuming below here is a script named civalive.sqf that will loop or does there need to be something else to call it periodically?
                    for [{i=0}, {i<9}, {i=i+1}] do
                    {
                    if (!alive civi select i = true) then
                    {
                    lose = true;
                    // trigger on map checks for lose = true repeatedly to set mission to end in failure
                    };
                    };

sleep 10;
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Ok enough messing...i used 10 triggers...hope it doesn't cause lag.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

This is what I did, and there may be a much nicer way of doing it but:
                        I put this on the Conditions line of my Lose Trigger:

{alive _x} count [HostageCommander,HostageGunner,HostageDriver,Hosta geLoader] < 2;

So out of those 4 Hostages, when more than 2 are killed, the mission ends. I imagine if you just place Cit1-10, and change "< 2" to "< 10", it would work.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Gads that makes sense. Thanks dude!
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Credit to whoever I stole it from :p

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X