Siantis's Question Thread?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siantis's Question Thread?

Just so I don't have to make a new thread every day...

Anyways, I'm trying to setup a hostage rescue mission. I'm trying to have OpFor (AI) guard BluFor hostages (nonplayable).
    I used the "this setCaptive true" on the BluFor, so OpFor doesn't seem to kill them. However, the BluFor hostages immediately attack the OpFor. How do I get them to just sit there and do nothing?

Edit: I used the "removeAllWeapons this" to strip all gear from the hostages, but they still run around...

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Re: Siantis's Question Thread?

I would remove their weapons and have the trigger that adds them into the player group equip them with a pistol or something and a couple of mags, will sort that out. Also remember to set their chance of fleeing to 0 - this allowfleeing 0 (Units without weapons will automatically try to run from armed hostiles), also using dostop this will avoid them moving around on spawn.

( Dostop this may not work if they are in a squad, in which case the squad lead may order them to adopt formation - just take them out of squad if that's the case)

Comment

Thanks, that did the trick. :)

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

disableAIMove=1

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Here is the deal. I have a mechanized squad on patrol away from the platoon HQ, but when the PHQ gets attacked I want them to break the patrol waypoints and rush to help the PHQ. What would the correct configuration be for the trigger and the squad?
          Last edited by J.B.; 06-08-2011, 11:13 AM. Reason: Spelling.
          |
          | |

"Kirov is boss"
          CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

I could probably walk you through it in TS. Its tough to explain in forum speak lmao

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Now, I want to add some smoke grenades for the M203. I use the - this addmagazine "1Rnd_SmokeRed_M203";" - but it adds something like 2 purple, 1 green and 1 red. When I try to put them in the backpack using - [this, “1Rnd_SmokeRed_M203, 2”] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine; - and click on the single round in the pack that doesn't have an icon I get an No Entry error.

Also I want to add an AT-4 to the back of an soldier. What does the line look like?

Edit: I tried adding a Javelin along side a backpack. It actually worked, but one would have to first enter the gear where it only shows the javelin in hands and no backpack on back. But if you click "on back" on the javelin the backpack sort of shuffles into place on back. This also means the javelin can't be armed until the shuffle has happened.
              Last edited by J.B.; 01-03-2012, 11:59 AM.
              |
              | |

"Kirov is boss"

Comment

to put things in the ACE backpacks use:

Code:
                  _unit setVariable ["ACE_RuckMagContents", [["30Rnd_545x39_AK",4], ["HandGrenade_East",1]]];
                _unit should be the guy you want to add things to the backpack to. Inside the brackets you put the item name in quotations then comma the number you want to add to the backpack.

As for the on back you have 2 slots the regular vanilla arma slot and the slot ACE added just below it on the screen. The vanilla one you just use add weapon for, the ace one uses:

Code:
                 _unit setVariable ["ace_weaponOnBack", "ACE_ALICE_Backpack"];
                Where the term in "" is what you want on the on back slot. I have only used them in load out scripts, no idea if they work in inits. Here is what an entire laod out would look like.

Code:

removeallweapons _unit; 
                	                removeallitems _unit;
                                        _unit addMagazine "30Rnd_545x39_AK";
                			_unit addMagazine "ACE_30Rnd_545x39_T_AK";
                			_unit addMagazine "SmokeShell";
                			_unit addMagazine "SmokeShell";
                			_unit addMagazine "HandGrenade_East";
                			_unit addMagazine "HandGrenade_East";
                			_unit addWeapon "ACE_AK74M";
                                        _unit setVariable ["ace_weaponOnBack", "ACE_ALICE_Backpack"];
                			_unit setVariable ["ACE_RuckMagContents", [["SmokeShellGreen",3], ["SmokeShellRed",3], ["smokeshell", 4], ["30Rnd_545x39_AK", 4], ["ACE_Knicklicht_G", 2] ]];
                			_unit addWeapon "ItemGPS";
                			_unit addWeapon "Binocular";
                			_unit addWeapon "ACRE_PRC117F";
                			_unit addWeapon "ACRE_PRC148";
                			_unit addWeapon "ACRE_PRC343";
                If you want full loadout scripts contact me on TS and ill link you.
                Last edited by tralicrifleman; 01-03-2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I eventually got the kits sorted out using inits and trial and error, especially the last!

I am very interested in the gear scripts, so I will hit you up next time I see you.
                  |
                  | |

"Kirov is boss"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed