We need TVT missions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need TVT missions.

Ok mission makers, this is my challenge. I need each of you to make a good, solid, and fun TVT mission for less than 30 players. It's time to start proving to people that TVT missions can be fun! Use this thread to share ideas, scripts, and design elements.

If you want a sample mission to take apart, here is a great one from UO: http://arma2.unitedoperations.net/mp...7.fallujah.pbo

Download Fallujah here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12315

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Re: We need TVT missions.

Or as an alternative and a stop gap. Why not download pre-made missions by the ArmA missions makers from all over the world via "Armaholic" or other websites that are very familiar with ArmA series.
    Ofcourse, utilizing their missions without any mod sets would be a good start. To get the new comers used to the game play without the extra learning curve needed with ACE II & ACRE.

If you'd like I can find some and post links here, but you guys are probably better than me at searching for such things on the web.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

If you have TVT's or links to them, send them in mission submition.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

http://srv1.unitedoperations.net/mpm.../SRV1_Primary/

Misison makers: feel free to rip apart the frameworks if you like.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
        Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

My question is are they going to be played? It seariously pisses me off to make missions and see the server on domi/insurgency all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jaynus View Post
            http://srv1.unitedoperations.net/mpm.../SRV1_Primary/

Misison makers: feel free to rip apart the frameworks if you like.
            Will check these out for sure. I started a new mission the other day but didn't go TVT because not sure what the changes are for how you can set objectives & win/loose conditions. Will dive into this within the week.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I have a 25 man motorized ambush TVT with a couple of twists ready to go... Just need to do briefing... But... Will it be played?

Really? All I see is domi being played, we have lots of below 10 man missions...

If people don't like our missions, let us know and tell us why so we can make a better one next time.

Or if everyone would rather just play domi between mso's... Then say so.

Comment

I think the deal is with domi is seeding, thought I'll start asking to change missions when I join!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Allright.. Seeding, there's 8 guys on server now, been playing domi as far as I'm aware since early evening here, unless they ran a mission mission in between, how many people do we expect to get via seeding?

8 men, imo is prolly what you're gonna get midweek to be honest ;p

( This isn't an isolated occurrence ).

Comment

Well Like I said Ill start my part....for the most part I really do not care what I play, Im just starting back up others should speak up as well.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
                      Allright.. Seeding, there's 8 guys on server now, been playing domi as far as I'm aware since early evening here, unless they ran a mission mission in between, how many people do we expect to get via seeding?

8 men, imo is prolly what you're gonna get midweek to be honest ;p

( This isn't an isolated occurrence ).
                      Yeah I've seen it all the time, If this is what the community wants to due(and maybe this should be put up to them in a poll or something) thats fine, I just don't want to waste my time, if the missions are not going to get played.

Comment

Your missions will be played. I am really digging the variety we have right now. It's very exciting to have so much new stuff to choose from. From my experience the only time it's stayed on Domi the last couple months is if no one joins that says "hey lets do a mission..there is x of us". Or if it's late & people are leaving & joining frequently. Try it...jump in & suggest a mission. Then there is more than 8 players many times pretty quickly so pick at least a 12 slot JIP mission to get going. Don't get down...lets get going.

On the other hand...with the sale & possible new players might need to brace ourselves for some domi exploration of what to click on kind of stuff. I just remember a year ago that it was the most comfortable mission to get the skinny down when I first got the game. Will be looking for other missions that may work as such.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                        189th Infantry Brigade Member
                        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

While I agree with the mission makers sentiments regarding "Domination/Insurgency" missions (it's not maps). It has it's uses. As Unkl mentioned.
                          Yes, some prefer it than others. But basically it boils down to this; Can your missions give the new players the flexibility and time to learn the game, ACEII and ACRE with ease?
                          Without a time limit or available assets all there to try out?
                          Simple answer is "no."

However, as others have pointed out. Unfortunately, we do have a very limited player base. Specially in this case it is more apparent since they are spread out into different timezones. Which hurts us more when wanting players more than say, ten players at one sitting.

What we need to do rather than being upset about the two missions (Domination & Insurgency). We need to take charge ( for us veteran players) and push for other coop or TvT games once you log in.
                          Provided that the players currently in the said missions agree to play them. There is no need to shove them to play missions other than what they wanted to play / joined the server for.
                          We certainly don't need another sets of groups to ditch ArmA due to heavy handed approaches.
                          Baby steps, kid gloves. Comes to mind.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING good came out of rushed and swift decisions from ArmA in the past. It was always a case of finding the natural flow and directing it to what would suit TG in a sensible manner fitting the long term goals of the title at TG.

I've said more than what I intended here, what I want to relay to you all is this.

Lead them. Become the voted admin. Follow the "Voted Admin guide" by yours truly and have a laugh.

There is no use in not joining the server due to seeing "Domination & Insurgency" come up on search filters. You're just making it worse for TG ArmA by not populating the servers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Back regarding the OP, I'm currently working on an idea for about a 20 person mission with 2 squads fighting over Mogilevka in Chernarus.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X