Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested mission things - player county JIP slot issues

Hey,

Thinking of the issues we had brought up with players not being able to join as all slots are filled and needing missions with a couple extra slots, i.e. a mission for about 16ish people, but with 25 or more slots, I'd like to suggest the following when creating missions for it.

Naming - something in the name to inform a temp admin that the mission is meant to have extra slots for JIPS - something like COxx_SEED_(NAME)_V1 ? Or just SD instead of SEED or something similar?

Description - Mission description should annotate the bare minimum number of players the mission should be tackled by, i.e. say 10MIN, insert descr, RESPAWN AND JIP

AI condition of presence - Haven't messed about with this too much but I think if we set up triggers that count the number of BLUFOR in the mission and then set AI to not appear unless the number is greater than say 10 it would solve a lot of problems - not 100% solid on the mission editing side of this however as I haven't actually tried this myself.

Slot descriptions - insert a (M) at the end of slot names which are a bare requirement, i.e. Plt Co (M), Javelin Gunner (M), Javelin Asst. (M). That way in a mission where the CO has an overload of available assets he can see which ones he needs, instead of getting ingame and then finding he's made this a whole lot harder because he didn't take 'x' or 'y'.

I'll be doing the above myself, but thought it might be very handy for admins and co's if it was done as such.

Re: Suggested mission things - player county JIP slot issues

What has been done in the past was this:

CO##(##)_Mission_Title_v1

The first number is the max number of players. The numbers in the parenthesis are the minimum number needed to play the mission in order to succeed, as determined by the mission maker. I think it's elegant and simple, and should be the norm. Thoughts?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Going off of ACOGs'
      Also, I believe we have in the past decided on the current format due to limited number of characters that could be used for naming & clipping on the missions list.

I really think that we should adhere to the current standards as it was proven to work from ArmA-I to ArmA-II. We have tried loads from years ago. Also can you imagine going through each missions to rename just to change the order? Wait, I can! 'Cause I did and it really sucked.

The only obvious reason to edit is to show whether it is a join in progress mission or not.

Current standard:
      COXX_Name_VersionNumber

Optional standard:
      COXXJ_Name_VersionNumber
      *J denotes Join in progress
      **Without J denotes non Join in progress, or AI slots enabled.

The suggested to option gives us the characters needed for naming.

Placing the minimum and maximum is rather pointless since we always try to play the numbers noted anyways, which fits.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Then again, all of this can be placed in the mission description, which requires no addition to the Mission title.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Well there you go! no need to change anything! Beer for everyone!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I've never made a mission or been a temp admin, but I do like beer!
            Can admins see the description without loading the map?
            When I made the suggestion in the other thread, I was thinking we could call the missions co20-32_xxx. That would be one less character than acog's suggestion :D
            But if it's a pain to rename a bunch of missions, that's fine.

Thanks for taking this up!

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...