[QUESTION]Simple CTF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUESTION]Simple CTF

Right now, I'm working on a smaller, basic TvT that we could use. I am planning on just making a CTF style format for quick and fun gameplay. The issue I'm running into is a lot of the templates or 'scripts' I found are severely complex missions/templates that offer(force really...) scripted-kits, intros/outros, fancy effects, etc. I couldn't find anything online that really helped me figure out how to set up a flag that you can take and run back to your base with.

If anyone has any kind of input that may be helpful, it will be much appreciated.

Also, I am planning on expanding on the smaller format and creating a larger format mission where the gameplay may be more complex, namely being able to have a defense team set up base defences via ACE CSWs and sandbags, as well as a larger scale offensive aspect.

Thanks guys!
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Re: [QUESTION]Simple CTF

Hrrm,

My version of a 'Simple ctf' would be to plop down a dragable crate, create two triggers that add one point to either side (variable like pointwest / pointeast or something.. ) when the crate is inside. Crate would need to be on allowdamage false.

If you want a classic CTF with a proper flag though... That's not simple to do as far as I can fathom... You'd need to setup several scripts to handle every eventuality that could occur to the flag / the person carrying the flag etc.

Comment

short and sweet way, make it a bicycle two triggers in one for each capture zone. Set the bike so it cant recive damage, but being a open vehicle you can still shoot the rider off.

Comment

Why not just simplify further by having a group hold ground for 2-5 mins, that team wins.
        That way it will push the opposing side/team to constantly capture the area.
        Trigger, set to group (team leader, whole group, anyone) , timer, end condition.

Actually, I'll make one too. Once I return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
          The issue I'm running into is a lot of the templates or 'scripts' I found are severely complex missions/templates that offer(force really...) scripted-kits, intros/outros, fancy effects, etc.
          Exactly how I felt looking at some of the examples. It didn't look as easy as promised! :row__691:

How can you add points to a player score for completeing or holding an objective?

Be nice to use the scores at a means of triggering end conditions.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X