[Questionny] Public Variables and syncing across clients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Questionny] Public Variables and syncing across clients

As I was aware, if a variable is initialised and then defined as a public variable, the server will then know to sync this variable across all clients, is this indeed correct? Or do I need to define it as a public variable each time it's value changes?

Just want to check up on this as I understood the first statement to be correct, however some playtesting on a, sure, laggyish semi functional hosted game seemed to only result in the first change syncing, the rest not properly syncing up :/

Just wanted to do a double check to be sure

Edit - re-iterating that this was a very 'semi functional' server - ACRE bugged out, stopped working but was still connected, it would forget to have AI sidechat when scripted to, but still do the rest of the script after that part etc (usually), two run throughs activating the same script gave two different results / I wasn't getting some hints whereas Unkl was etc. Hence why I'm thinking the crappy server may be mostly to blame. All scripts work if it's just me ingame with no need to talk to any other clients :/
    Last edited by Jacezz; 05-25-2011, 07:09 AM.

Re: [Questionny] Public Variables and syncing across clients

publicVariable broadcasts the variable when you call it. If you change the value of the variable you need to call publicVariable again to broadcast again

Comment

Re: [Questionny] Public Variables and syncing across clients

Curse the interwebs :/

Thanks Sandi!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed