Best AI Scripting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best AI Scripting

Instead of using the regular AI systems, I have heard if u use scripted based AI, it takes a load off of the CPU and is better for larger based missions. Im not talking about add ons, im talking about scripts. Anyone have any good referrals?

what is the regular ai system? if you mean scripted ai are better than editor placed ai then there is no doubt but for this it is usably best to make your own script for spawning ai to tailor it to your mission

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Re: Best AI Scripting

ive heard of scripted AI like UPSMON, just wondering if anyone else has used it....

Comment

When I was editing for Dragon Rising I was trying to get into scripting more advanced ai reactions to real player actions. I think there is a need for this. Like say the AI are defending a town. Once you are spotted on the outskirts, they should start sending teams out to attack & flank you. Reactions like this can be scripted based on where you are sighted. Also reactions scripted in the event of players using diversionary attacks and such. I'd love to see an AI squad start laying down suppressive fire while another AI team moves to flank. I don't have any clue on how to implement this in Arma however. There are events in DR like onFiring (returns who is firing & at whom), onIdentified (returns who has identified whom), onSpotted (for objects)....just don't know enough of Arma's functions, CBA's functions ect...or even had a decent working script for that matter. One day I will have time for this....one day.

I'd set up a defensive strategy including paths for concealed approaches to likely advantageous positions. Also introduce some degree of randomness as to which strategy the AI would implement so that replay using the same player approach would be different.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Sector_15504 View Post
          Instead of using the regular AI systems, I have heard if u use scripted based AI, it takes a load off of the CPU and is better for larger based missions. Im not talking about add ons, im talking about scripts. Anyone have any good referrals?
          Where did you hear this?

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I think what sector means is have the AI spawn in within a certain distance from the nearest player. This way the server does not load all the units in at start. This statement is especially true on larger missions when the server has more to sync.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

//This script generates pre-designed infantry groups to spawn when we get near.
              //Create a trigger with a suitable area over the leader of the group to spawn
              //(there must be a single soldier who already exists on the map, who will be the leader).
              //by Lowspeedhighdrag

//Usage: Randomname = [leaderunit,x] execVM "Insurgent_reinforce.sqf"

//leaderunit is the existing AI.
              //x refers to a pre-designed setup.

//************************************************** **********************************

if (!isserver) exitwith {};

_lead = _this select 0;
              _reinforce = _this select 1;

// switch case

switch (_reinforce) do
              {
              case 1: // Lots of bad pixels
              {
              "Ins_Soldier_CO" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead];
              "INS_Soldier_Sab" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead];
              "INS_Soldier_Sab" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead];
              "INS_Soldier_AT" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead];
              "Ins_Soldier_AT" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead];
              "InS_Soldier_Medic" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead];
              "Ins_Soldier_AR" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead];
              "Ins_Soldier_GL" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead];
              "Ins_Soldier_MG" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead];
              };
              case 2: // heavy pixels
              {
              "INS_Soldier_MG" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead];
              };
              case 3: // Sniper pixels
              {
              "INS_Soldier_Sniper" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead, "this setunitpos ""down""",0.9];
              _lead setunitpos "down";
              };
              case 4: // Semi pixels
              {
              "INS_Soldier_Sab" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead, "",0.8];
              "INS_Soldier_Sab" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead, "",0.8];
              "INS_Soldier_Sapper" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead, "",0.8];
              "INS_Soldier_GL" createUnit [(getpos _lead), group _lead, "",0.8];
              };
              {
              // Clientside test failed;
              };
              };

if (true) exitwith {};
              You can also SYNC the Trigger with the Waypoints of the leader units movements once it activates/triggers the Trigger.

You can custom edit the "INS_XXXXXXX" to which ever faction you want to use.

Have at it folks!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I now use UPSMON is all my missions. It is FRIGGEN AMAZING. youtube it. Because it is scripted based, it takes a major load off the AI because everything is done with scripts vs CPU based pathfinding.

Comment

have you used DAC 3.0? I havent had time to use either one in any tests but been looking at them both and they both look really good what is your take?

Comment

after playing with UPSMON in the editor for hours, its just amazing to watch two squad battle it out. I was blown completely away. One squad of UPSMON = 3 regular AI squads. This will take my missions to new heights of challenging =)

Bring Fallujah to TG faster, and you will have some good replayable missions with UPSMON and a real challenge every time...

Comment

DAC uses more resources and is not as optimized for larger scale missions. I've never had a problem with UPSMON in missions over 60+ players.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

wow thats impressive..so upsmon it is lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X