Teleporting scripts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teleporting scripts

I am interested in scripts that enables teleport of player or group. I know that Blackpython used a flagpole system similar to the one in Domination in ACE artillery course to travel to a predetermined destination. I also know of the point-'n-click teleport system from the CASarty trainer on Bravo. Any info on either and help with implementing them would be greatly appreciated.
    |
    | |

"Kirov is boss"
    CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Re: Teleporting scripts

I should still have the script used in the CAS trainer, Ill post it here when i can

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Much appreciated!
      |
      | |

"Kirov is boss"

Comment

if you promise to help me test something on my personal server Ill even modify it to suit your specific needs ;)

Comment

Last time I tested something on a personal server Sector blew me sky high with IEDs. Can I trust you?!
          In all seriousness I am at the barracks till late friday evening, so I won't be on till then and I have to use the time to finish the Nav. Course lesson plan and mission. I think you'd be better off finding some one else to blow up.

But the most optimal would be if you could make so an instructor could teleport the student around.
          |
          | |

"Kirov is boss"

Comment

lol ok, np I was going to modify it anyways since theyre generally fairly simple

i figure a simple add action to every unit available only to the instructor, that will allow you transport the student via map? I might be able to do something with a list of all players but that would require a dialog and im not able to get one done before the next class so as long you having to walk next to the person and transport them will be ok..and then Ill leave the ability for them to transport themselves as well? or ONLY you being able to transport?

Comment

Only the instructor should be able to teleport himself and others around or else the students could cheat on the final test. If you could make it that way for now (I plan to use it for the Nav. Course Saturday) and post the instructions to implement it right that would be best, as I can't say when I'm going to have net again.
              |
              | |

"Kirov is boss"

Comment

Code:
                init

{
                  _unit = _x;
                  if("instruct" == vehiclevarname player) then {_x addAction ["Teleport", "teleport_enable_once.sqf"]};
                  }foreach allUnits;
                Code:
                teleport_enable_once
                _stud = _this select 0;
                _gen = _this select 1;
                _id = _this select 2;

_stud removeAction _id;

_cancel_action = if("instruct" == vehiclevarname player) then {_gen addAction ["Cancel teleport", "teleport_cancel.sqf"];};

onmapsingleclick format["%2 setpos _pos; onmapsingleclick ''; %2 removeAction %1; %2 addAction [""Teleport"", ""teleport_enable_once.sqf""]; true;", _cancel_action, _stud];

player sidechat format["Click on map to teleport there, or use cancel teleport action"];
                Code:
                teleport_cancel

_stud = _this select 0;
                _gen = _this select 1;
                _id = _this select 2;

_stud removeAction _id;
                if("instruct" == vehiclevarname player) then {_gen addAction ["Teleport", "teleport_enable_once.sqf"];};
                onmapsingleclick '';

player sidechat format["Teleport canceled"];

all you should have to do is name the unit the instructor wiill be as instruct

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...