Soviet era missions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soviet era missions

I would like to hear from the community if there is an interest in Soviet 70-80's era style missions.

I myself have always been a huge fan of OPFOR weaponry and I definitely see huge potential in mission diversity that hasn't been explored at least for a long time here on TG.
    My initial plan is to start out with the 1979 invasion of Afghanistan by making some small 4-12 COOP missions revolving around spetznaz units. Not that it is going to be all NVG-sneaky-sneaky, but there will also be good old daylight firefights. This is to facilitate going from seeder domination to smaller missions which in turn also can seed the server.

So any ideas or wishes, throw my way. I may have the first mission ready for tomorrow.
    |
    | |

"Kirov is boss"
    CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Re: Soviet era missions

Yes. Yes. Yes. Operation Storm 333, Operation Magistral, Siege of Khost, Hill 3234. Win. I'd love to see more OPFOR vs. US missions on the servers as well, where a spetznaz team is sent against maybe a US armored company.

Comment

I just read about Storm 333 and it is a mission I'll have a go at.
      I also thinking about these small Cold War gone hot scenarios with spetznaz sabotage over the West-East German border and perhaps even a scenario involving the uprising in Hungary.
      |
      | |

"Kirov is boss"
      CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

Doez zhis mean I have a reason to be speakink in my veird zemi Russian akzent?

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Cold War Soviet missions could be a lot of fun. On Chernarus you could have Spetznaz attacking C3I nodes as well as tank/ammo depots as a behind the lines couple of hours before the invasion type of thing.

If you've ever seen the movie "The Beast", about a lost Soviet tank crew in Afghanistan, that holds promise. Maybe a T-55 and BTR and dismounts trying to fight their way back to base.
          sigpic
          [squadl][conduct]

Comment

"The Beast" is a great tank movie, second only to "Lebanon" and along with "9th Rota" one of the few films dealing with the soviet-afghan war.

You might consider petitioning for the map 'Celle' which is a central-European map specifically designed for cold war era conflicts. Celle is a prominent river crossing which the Americans and Brits felt would be a major soviet ground target in the event of an outbreak of hostilities, because of the number of bridges over the river Aller. I believe there is also a tank-training range on the northwest part of the map.

"Based on the area around the town of Celle, Lower saxony, this "island" covers 250sqkm of real terrain compressed into 100sqkm ingame, thus resulting in a rough 1:5 scale.

This piece of map features two nearly ICAO approveable Airports with proper signage and new Airport-buildings, such as huge hangers. Besides that there is a terrain with rolling hills, open spaces and somewhat around 35 towns. All set in a Luneburg Heath style. Steelbeasts-fans are going to love this one."

Comment

Just dumping links to some scripts here, which may or may not be relevant.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7807
              http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7808

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

I'll play any mission you put forth JB, Pre-modern times or not.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I uploaded a soviet era mission a few weeks ago, don't know if it has been played yet. Co21 Yanotabir on Clafgan. It is night time without NVGs, you get the sexy aks-74p. I'm going to start on a 30ish player soviet mission right now and I'll post here once I finish it as well.

I would just like to do something other than domi or shooting insurgents on fallujah.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X