Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bravo Server Idea

So I've had this Idea now for a while.

Back when I use to mess around with the mission editor just spawning zombies etc, I found an AC130 gunship mod on the armaholic forums which was pretty good.
    It used the USMC AC-130 Specter plane and had a co-op mode and "Call AC130" mode.

I think it could be good for the Bravo server during a big gunfight or anything similar.
    The gun camera came with FLIR A, FLIR B, Night Vision and Normal sights for easier interaction, and comes with a certain amount of ammo.
    It also flies in a circular motion when the "gunship" is activated, you can adjust Height and Radius in the Map Parameters section.

It could be of great help to be honest, and would be really cool if let's say, the Commanding Officer contacted a pilot to initiate the plane and drop some fireworks on our area if we're surrounded by enemies, thus of course marking our positions with IR Strobes.

Like I said, just an idea, share your opinions.
    "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
    "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
    "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Re: Bravo Server Idea

I've played on servers that have the AC-130 script. Most end up prohibiting its use. The problem is it tends to kill everything, leaving nothing for the players to actually do. The other problem is the script tends to break, with the AC-130 stuck orbiting in a corner of the map.

A similar, but less overpowered script is the UAV/Predator script. But it suffers the same glitchiness, and tends to break after a period of time.

I haven't checked them for a couple of months, maybe they've been updated and are more reliable now. I would love to have an "eye in the sky" recon asset for some missions. Even better would be some backpack-size UAVs that are used at a company/platoon level. <looks at ArmA3 hopefully>
    sigpic
    [squadl][conduct]

Comment

Yeah we used it two years ago in one of our planned events. CO called it in to work on some armor in Chernagorsk. Ended up killing 2/3rds of the OPFOR just through splash damage alone.

Still, neat idea.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by woof View Post
        ...I would love to have an "eye in the sky" recon asset for some missions.
        This I do really miss. Too bad the UAV scripts/modules don't work well in the MP environment.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

If there was a fantastic mod out there that handled UAVs well, I'd be one happy SOB haha.
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
            If there was a fantastic mod out there that handled UAVs well, I'd be one happy SOB haha.
            What I do know is that the FOB's or Strykers in game have a Radar, which doesn't work so well, as it positions your player STILL at the stryker, or FOB, therefore moving the camera past 1,500 Meters, or 10,000 Meters would expand out of your View Distance area, so you wouldn't actually be able to see enemies.
            "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
            "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
            "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
              I think there is a way to let players use the AH6X by synching things up in the editor..

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Idea: have a mission with X target (say blow up some tanks at an enemy base). Enemy base guarded by 200 OPFOR. While fighting your way through the OPFOR, the mission script auto calls in the AC-130 to 'help you out' and wipe out most of the enemy. If its anew mission, nobody knows about it - like a big christmas present.

To avoid the script problem, just blow it up after a few minutes with the carbomb script. Detonate a few GBU's on its location and call it AA fire. Problem solved!
                "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                -Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X