Team Status Script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Status Script

I'm currently editing a Zombie Survival mission in ArmA 2 and so far I've added ace functions, background music and a View Distance Changer.
    All I'm looking for is a Team Status script like the ones from the Domination Gamemodes where you can join others shacktac's,
    I tried extracting the one from Domination itself but I only got errors (I'm only a novice programmer, minor fixes etc)

Does anyone have a Team Status script they'd be willing to share?
    Even just a very basic one so that when I scroll the mouse wheel it says "Team Status" then when I click, it shows me groups/teams I can join and leave.
    "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
    "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
    "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Re: Team Status Script

If you gave me enough time I might be able to toss something together; however, I don't know how to implement string-tables into scripts not dialogs which are what 90% of the GUI stuff that is handled are composed of. The main commands that they'll end up using are joinGroup or joinGroupSilent.
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Able to make a scroll-menu adaction thing from when you approach someone?

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
        Able to make a scroll-menu adaction thing from when you approach someone?
        I really have no idea about dialogs etc, but for this script I'm not even looking for something advanced like in Domination. Even a screen of 3-4 Boxes with each players name, so that when you click Join they show in your shacktac.
        Something like this,

https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/d...Management.jpg

--Update--

I've extracted the Team Status from Domi, this time removing the un-needed files such as x_setup.sqf from the #includes
        However when I put this in Description

Code:
        	class GVAR(use_teamstatusdialog) {
        		title = "Enable TeamStatusDialog:";
        		values[] = {0,1};
        		default = 0;
        		texts[] = {"Yes","No"};
        	};
        I first get an error saying "(" was found instead of "{" so I replace the brackets for { }, then it tells me "}" was found instead of "="

The dialog itself shows up in game but there's just no writing anywhere.

--Edit--

Scratch that. I got a box in game but there were no details.
        I have to include every file with Team Status from Domination for that, and like I said, I'm no expert in programming. Getting nothing but trouble
        Last edited by ColinM9991; 04-07-2012, 06:39 PM.
        "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
        "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
        "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

Not sure on domi team status but does your team status folder contain a .hpp file ?
          if so add an #include <"its location"\TeamStatusDialog.hpp> into your description.ext

This might help..
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

I'm still getting the same thing. I've tried multiple approaches now and have the include in the description.ext. I've still got to pull apart the sample mission to see what I'm missing.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

With domi you have to be very sure that what you remove is not adding something to the script. It's scripts are so intertwined that its like a game of pick up sticks trying to extract something from it.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
              The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...