Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PATROL OPS MSO Suggestions and requests

Place your Suggestions and requests for patrol ops mso here

O and if your requesting different weapons for a certain class could you please give me the :-

1. the class of soldier who you want to have the weapon
    2. the class name of the weapon or item and its in-game display-name
    3. the ammo if any is needed

eg.

1. Squad Leader
    2. ACE_HK416_D10_COMPM3_SD ( HK416-D10RS CompM3 SD )
    3. 100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag, 20Rnd_556x45_Stanag, 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag, 30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD, ACE_100Rnd_556x45_S_BetaCMag, ACE_20Rnd_556x45_S_Stanag, ACE_30Rnd_556x45_S_Stanag, ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_S_Stanag, ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_Stanag, ACE_30Rnd_556x45_T_Stanag

I use this page to get the weapon classes and stuff
    http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_weapons/classlist

If you find something you think is a bug please tell me in this thread

For other suggestions please remember My skills with scripting are mainly Copy + Paste
    Although I will attempt to do as suggested if I feel its right for the mission :)
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Blip, I noticed today there are no satchels in the ammo crate. Suggest satchels are added to ammo crate. Cheers

Edit. Unsure if there only available to specific class but they should be available to all classes. I spawned in as platoon commander and there was no satchels available to me.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Re: PATROL OPS MSO Suggestions and requests

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
      Blip, I noticed today there are no satchels in the ammo crate. Suggest satchels are added to ammo crate. Cheers

Edit. Unsure if there only available to specific class but they should be available to all classes. I spawned in as platoon commander and there was no satchels available to me.
      At the moment the sachels are only avail to the FTLs and the Engineers
      Ill add them to the CO and SLs for the next version

Thanks m8

Comment

Smokes removed in current version im working on

Ill look into why backpack for medics has no med suplies

Ill look into the a10 ejection seat though i dont know if you can disable it..

Ill add standard stanags for the m4/16 although using the beta c mags is basically the same

Ill try write up a change log for the next version

Comment

I would like to see more of a variety of iron-sights as well as optics (HALO, red dot) and also some more suppressed weapons along the same path that you already have.

I would like to see as this mission evolves, maybe a QRF force missions while your still completing the main one. This mission could give help or hurt depending on outcome. Just a thought.

I really liked this mission!!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

First Bl1p, i want to say Thank You for taking the time for editing the mission!
            I really like the mission, in my eyes you improved it alot, especially with adding IED and Suicide Bomber Scripts, which make the map more interesting and add more "ambient life" to it. Also its pretty fun to Patrol towns, search for IEDs, find the triggerman etc.
            Maybe you could add simple "Patrol City XY" missions, and make them On/Off switchable in Parameters (or as "Patrol-Missions" at the Spawn-MHQ).
            Also I really like the JIP-Message-Script, and that you can only change your ShackTac-Group at the Sign/APC at Spawn.

My Suggestion/Request would be to improve the Base-Layout, since the standard one is not really "safe" and realistic looking. (I know there's a "invisble" wall around base)
            I think the Base/Airfield could be designed to look more "realistic" by adding fences, Hesco-Walls, sandbags, AI-Patrols and more vehicles to it. It would also be useful to have some AI AA and AT at Base.
            Maybe move the chopper from the middle of the Airfield to a more realistic and safe spot, like a "Helicopter Parking Area" or the "Airport ramp" (hope its the right word, just googled it). Also it would be cool to have "Player controlled" CAS like A-10, Apache, "Angry Bird", Huey and maybe even UAV/Predator and Artillery/Mortar?
            Also I know that more "stuff" at base can maybe drop the FPS, but its just an idea.

But again, Good Work Bl1p, keep the good work going, we really like your Patrol Ops MSO!

Greetings
            Andy :D

PS: I'm currently trying to build a Base-Template in 3D Editor (which I could convert to 2D), but I have no Idea of scripting, and its my first time using the Editor at all. When I've done some progress, and can try to upload some Screens for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              First Bl1p, i want to say Thank You for taking the time for editing the mission!
              I really like the mission, in my eyes you improved it alot, especially with adding IED and Suicide Bomber Scripts, which make the map more interesting and add more "ambient life" to it. Also its pretty fun to Patrol towns, search for IEDs, find the triggerman etc.
              Maybe you could add simple "Patrol City XY" missions, and make them On/Off switchable in Parameters (or as "Patrol-Missions" at the Spawn-MHQ).
              Also I really like the JIP-Message-Script, and that you can only change your ShackTac-Group at the Sign/APC at Spawn.

My Suggestion/Request would be to improve the Base-Layout, since the standard one is not really "safe" and realistic looking. (I know there's a "invisble" wall around base)
              I think the Base/Airfield could be designed to look more "realistic" by adding fences, Hesco-Walls, sandbags, AI-Patrols and more vehicles to it. It would also be useful to have some AI AA and AT at Base.
              Maybe move the chopper from the middle of the Airfield to a more realistic and safe spot, like a "Helicopter Parking Area" or the "Airport ramp" (hope its the right word, just googled it). Also it would be cool to have "Player controlled" CAS like A-10, Apache, "Angry Bird", Huey and maybe even UAV/Predator and Artillery/Mortar?
              Also I know that more "stuff" at base can maybe drop the FPS, but its just an idea.

But again, Good Work Bl1p, keep the good work going, we really like your Patrol Ops MSO!

Greetings
              Andy :D

PS: I'm currently trying to build a Base-Template in 3D Editor (which I could convert to 2D), but I have no Idea of scripting, and its my first time using the Editor at all. When I've done some progress, and can try to upload some Screens for example.

Hey Andy thanks for the praise glad you like the edits Hawke and I made to MSO and Patrol Ops (Hawke made the jip sign in script btw)

The base on Takistan was originally allot bigger with more AI and defenses .. The problem was allot of peeps had systems that would loose too many fps at base because of the heavy amount of objects in one location..

I have re-added the automatic barrier to the entrance of the base in the next version which only allows blufor through it which stops any civis - etc driving onto the base and causing havoc :)

I currently don't have any plans to increase the amount of objects in base for the moment though sorry.
              Im just gona try getting it as optimized as possible with what I consider a good balance of weapons and vehicles (even if what I consider balanced isn't agreed upon by all :p )

So then once its good to go ... I can port it onto all other islands :p :p

PS. The Idea of a patrol A to B mission is a great Idea ....

Ive re-added the Deliver supplies to blabla and place tower at blabla missions again now...
              And Im working on fixing the rescue pilot and pow + the capture and return style missions atm :)
              Hopefully Ill get them ready to upload in a few days ....

PPS. :) Im working on adding more assets to the CAS so that you can choose between the A10 Ah64 or maybe a Pred

Comment

@ The ejection seat thing.
                I don't know what the issue is for it? If you accidently eject on the ground you can "reload" it with an ACE Ammo truck, and if you eject mid-air... well.. then that's your problem.

-------------------------

Predator Drone would be nice... if they worked well, which if I remember correctly, they don't.

Bonuses for Convoy destruction or something? Right now, iirc, you just the the "XP" from killing them, but there's no team-wide bonus.

My shotfinder script ;) hahaha
                Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Does the current version of Patrol Ops have the IED script that was shown a couple months back, where they could vary in sizes, and requires a team to diffuse? I would like to see that implemented in to the maps - would make things a lot more interesting.

|TG-Irr| Lonewolf80

Comment

The EOD mod variable settings need to be turned down A LOT. Also, if its synchronized to multiple people, that could cause an excess of IEDs. Would suggest setting up a required slot that it is synchronized to. Also, if they old IED script is running, then remove the old one.
                    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                    Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
                      The EOD mod variable settings need to be turned down A LOT. Also, if its synchronized to multiple people, that could cause an excess of IEDs. Would suggest setting up a required slot that it is synchronized to. Also, if they old IED script is running, then remove the old one.

The EOD IEDs are tied into a parameter that can be altered its not synchronized to anyone. its based on :-

if a player is close to the location
                      then the amount set in params
                      then if an enemy is in town double the amount

Code:
                      _location = _this select 0;
                      _size = _this select 1;

_debug = false;
                      _numIEDs = round ((_size / 50) * (tup_ied_threat / 100));

// Check for Enemy in vicinty - if so double IED count
                      if ({(side leader _x == east) && (getposATL leader _x in _location)} count (allgroups) > 0) then {
                      	_numIEDs = _numIEDs * 2;

};
                      after the player leaves the town the IEDs are removed. for the servers performance
                      It doesn't use the EOD ambient module or any other EOD module which I think is what your thinking it does.

The current param is set on Medium by default (tup_ied_threat = 50)
                      at medium the amount of placed ieds is being reported in the rpt at 5 per location (with 5 being a mix of the available types )
                      Where it places the 5 is random as well as the type being random.
                      So if ya get all 5 on the road its just bad luck I guess.

If people say that low param still provides too many ill lower the amount for sure.

Thanks for pointing it out m8 someone else mentioned it yesterday as well when we played.

Im glad you mentioned the EOD IED etc I am still unsure if i should keep the EOD mod stuff in ... or revert back to the old simpler script.

PS. the old IED script isnt running atm.
                      but .. the Old style sui bombers I re-added because the EOD ones didnt work very well for me in testing.

Comment

Would it be possible to add drone capabilities to MSO?

1. Adding the ability to spawn a drone scout helo so that a player in the squad could control it to provide recon for a moving convoy or at a mission area.

2. Adding the ability to spawn a predator drone over a specified area and have it only be used for aerial recon. Option only available for 15 mins or until commander cancels drone. Re-spawn time is 15 mins or something. Player can only use the camera option but not control the predator. The drone will just go into a pattern around the point it was asked to be spawned in.

3. Adding the ability to spawn a predator drone over a specified area and use the hellfires as fire support. Option only available for 15 mins or until commander cancels drone. Re-spawn time is 15 mins or something. The drone will just go into a pattern around the point it was asked to be spawned in.

The reason I say this is because the mission is so full of options, I think adding these drone capabilities would allow for even better planning and coordination. I personally would love to have play by play intel coming while moving to capture a target. It is used in real scenerios so lets try and make it work for MSO?
                        FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

@viper:
                          That idea is really good!
                          Having the possibility to use UAV/Pradator or Helicopters (with Cameras) as Recon would be really awesome.
                          For me MSO/Domi is a bit like Sandbox, where you can try all the different assets available from the game, so it would be really cool.

But why only for 15 mins and pattern? Sound a little bit like a CoD Killstreak reward xD
                          Would be better for the mission if you maybe could control it ("UAV Operator"), and can use it aslong as Commander wants (maybe its a Vehicle at base, so you need to fly it over to AO, and back to base).
                          Also it would be more realistic than a "automatic time-limited" drone.

I also have one more suggestion: On another server I saw a Little Bird with Camera and Thermal view (think it also had Laser-Guided rockets, not sure). Would be cool if we would have the "Angry Birds" and these "Recon" Little Birds, since they are perfect for recon and CAS against Infantry/light armored Vehicles. Also they are easy to fly and only one pilot is needed, so we could use them with a few people on server.

Comment

The reason for the time limits is to make sure that the commander really needs it. Also, making it go into a pattern makes it so that the controller can do more then just sit there and control it and also prevents him from making it crash if lets say he losses internet connection. You want to make it useful but also want to dummy proof it you know. You don't want to force the guy who is using the UAV to have a joystick.
                            FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by viper1986 View Post
                              The reason for the time limits is to make sure that the commander really needs it. Also, making it go into a pattern makes it so that the controller can do more then just sit there and control it and also prevents him from making it crash if lets say he losses internet connection. You want to make it useful but also want to dummy proof it you know. You don't want to force the guy who is using the UAV to have a joystick.
                              Ok the UAV in game isnt controlled directly by player when used with the module, the UAV is given a set of 4 waypoints which it follows and is set by the player clicking on the map. The player then enters the camera on the UAV can control the camera only. The UAV has an ai pilot that just flies around in circles waiting for the next waypoint. The hellfires are also useless, the UAV never seems to hit anything atleast not when fired by the camera position laser.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X