Finishing Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing Up

I'm finishing up my mission, and everything is just about as it should be. However I do have a few last questions.

I set up ACE wounds, and I know it's working. However, even as a medic I can't actually use a first aid kit on myself. I get no options in the "Treat Wounds" even though my gear is decked out with the Morphine, Epi, and Bandages.

Also, I was wondering what I had to do to disable third person all together. Is that server-side or do I need to do that myself within the mission? I used the ACE Module for disabling it outside of vehicle but I KNOW that isn't it. I can still use it for a split second.

Is there ANYTHING else I need to disable / enable? Or any setting that are default. Right now I have ACE wounds working (see above) and I have a respawn set at base for 15 seconds. All of my loadouts are good, except I'm not ENTIRELY sure what the standards are for medical supplies. I'd really like someone to answer these questions so this mission will be atleast acceptable on first try.

Also, is there serious performance issues that come out of having lots of triggers, AI, waypoints on AI and so on? I am having FPS problems and I'm not sure if it's due to a recent change in visual settings (even though any change I make right now doesn't affect the FPS) or if it is strictly due to the amount of things in the mission.

If I don't get any good responses I will finish out the last few things I want to do and then release the mission as a BETA and wait for feedback.

EDIT: I realize I sounded a bit harsh on the "If I don't get any responses..." I totally didn't mean it like that, haha.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Re: Finishing Up

Originally posted by Toptonic - Butler View Post
    I set up ACE wounds, and I know it's working. However, even as a medic I can't actually use a first aid kit on myself. I get no options in the "Treat Wounds" even though my gear is decked out with the Morphine, Epi, and Bandages.
    There's a module you need to place, "Enable ACE Wounding System". However, it may not be enabled for AI, so you won't be able to test it on AI.

Also, I was wondering what I had to do to disable third person all together. Is that server-side or do I need to do that myself within the mission? I used the ACE Module for disabling it outside of vehicle but I KNOW that isn't it. I can still use it for a split second.
    It's server side, relating to mission difficulty selection.

Right now I have ACE wounds working (see above) and I have a respawn set at base for 15 seconds.
    IIRC, medical supplies MAY appear even if you don't have the wounding system enambled. I think.

All of my loadouts are good, except I'm not ENTIRELY sure what the standards are for medical supplies. I'd really like someone to answer these questions so this mission will be atleast acceptable on first try.
    Generally seems to be...
    10 x Bandage
    10 x Compress
    10 x Morphene
    10 x Epinephrene
    6 x First Aid Kit
    Personally like to add a few more bandages and morphene, because morphene always gets eaten through quickly.

[QUOTE=Toptonic - Butler;1715864]Also, is there serious performance issues that come out of having lots of triggers, AI, waypoints on AI and so on? I am having FPS problems and I'm not sure if it's due to a recent change in visual settings (even though any change I make right now doesn't affect the FPS) or if it is strictly due to the amount of things in the mission.[quote]Should be fine, I guess? No idea for that.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
      There's a module you need to place, "Enable ACE Wounding System". However, it may not be enabled for AI, so you won't be able to test it on AI.
      I have the module in, and I get the option in my action menu and I get the ACE menu aswell... I know it is working in that aspect.

It's server side, relating to mission difficulty selection.
      Alright, good info thank you!

Generally seems to be...
      10 x Bandage
      10 x Compress
      10 x Morphene
      10 x Epinephrene
      6 x First Aid Kit
      Personally like to add a few more bandages and morphene, because morphene always gets eaten through quickly.
      Thank you! I will definitely take note of this!

Also, if anyone can help me out with this one: The Opfor doesn't shoot me. They raise their weapons and get down, but they won't shoot. I can get right in their faces and no matter what they won't shoot at me... any idea how to fix this?

AND:

What is the most acceptable way of making it so only engineers can repair vehicles and so on?

Thank you! I hope to have this mission out for tommorow night/Thursday early morning.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

What is the most acceptable way of making it so only engineers can repair vehicles and so on?
        Could script it, possibly... might also be something useful here: http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Repair+notes
        Other than that, no clue. Also looking into ways to acceptably repair vehicles (even wrecks) in some way.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

About the medic supplies quantity, take into account for better realism, if you wish, that depending on the location and the situation, supplies would be limited.

Such as Forward Operating Bases, supplies would be at very high limitations, such as, lots of ammo, weapons, medic gear etc.
          As opposed to ammo boxes in the middle of no where, there is no sole purpose for them to be loaded with every weapon in the alphabet.

Situations, for example, I was editing Chernarus Apocalypse where one of the edits I done was add 15 USMC player slots, with only 3 long range radios, 5 night vision goggles, several Mk17's with flashlights, several shotguns and M4 Socoms, the time being 2000 hours.

It's nice to have and it adds a better effect.
          "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
          "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
          "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

Fixed Opfor not shooting, had to remove all civilians from the area. I guess they are smart enough not to shoot around civies. But I'll take a look into that. And Colin, I actually recently made some reworks for that. I put a medical supplies box instead of handing out specific equipment. Figured I would let the CO determine it all.

Does anyone know of a simple way to modify items in ammo crates or medical crates or anything though?

Comment

Fixed Opfor not shooting, had to remove all civilians from the area. I guess they are smart enough not to shoot around civies. But I'll take a look into that. And Colin, I actually recently made some reworks for that. I put a medical supplies box instead of handing out specific equipment. Figured I would let the CO determine it all.

Does anyone know of a simple way to modify items in ammo crates or medical crates or anything though?
              "removeAllWeapons this;" to remove all the weapons, "removeAllMagazines this;" and then use either the ArmA/ACE Wiki to get weapon names etc, or I prefer to use @LEA (Loadout Editor) to get the weapon and magazine names for the commands "this addWeapon "weaponname";" and this "addMagazine "magazinename""

Comment

Originally posted by ColinM9991 View Post
                "removeAllWeapons this;" to remove all the weapons, "removeAllMagazines this;" and then use either the ArmA/ACE Wiki to get weapon names etc, or I prefer to use @LEA (Loadout Editor) to get the weapon and magazine names for the commands "this addWeapon "weaponname";" and this "addMagazine "magazinename""
                I knew it would be something like this. Of course it has to be a pain... oh well. I'll have to manually go through and make a list of what I don't want in either box, then add them. What if I want to add or remove a specific amount?

Comment

Ammo boxes etc can be scripted through LEA too.

EDIT: And then I saw Colin had already said that.

Pepper

Comment

I knew it would be something like this. Of course it has to be a pain... oh well. I'll have to manually go through and make a list of what I don't want in either box, then add them. What if I want to add or remove a specific amount?
                    I'm not sure if it does specific amount, but if it did I'd guess you'd have to go through every weapon, so it's just the same as adding manually.

Comment

I have/use LEA -I didn't know I could go through and modify those. I will certainly get on that. Thanks guys! As of right now I don't have any questions, but I know one will come up at somepoint.

Comment

I have/use LEA -I didn't know I could go through and modify those. I will certainly get on that. Thanks guys! As of right now I don't have any questions, but I know one will come up at somepoint.
                        Enjoy :) It's hell of a lot of fun editing and testing missions.

Comment

Enjoy :) It's hell of a lot of fun editing and testing missions.
                          My first mission is actually just about done, I have been working on it for a week or so. I hope everyone is pleasantly surprised at the quality, considering it's my first. I am debating making a new thread to show it off, should I avoid this and just post it in the Mission Submission thread? I want people to take a look at it before it ends up on any servers, for the sake of knowing everything worked.

Comment

My first mission is actually just about done, I have been working on it for a week or so. I hope everyone is pleasantly surprised at the quality, considering it's my first. I am debating making a new thread to show it off, should I avoid this and just post it in the Mission Submission thread? I want people to take a look at it before it ends up on any servers, for the sake of knowing everything worked.
                            Yeah you could post it in mission submission, if ya want to show it off I say go ahead, make a video and take a few pictures etc.

Comment

Yeah you could post it in mission submission, if ya want to show it off I say go ahead, make a video and take a few pictures etc.
                              That was the plan! Mostly just make it look good enough for people to try and test it...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X