Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upsmon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upsmon

    I am having issues with UPSMON. I seem to have done everything correctly, and set it up so I have a civillian next to the AI to watch what they do when the mission starts. I am currently using this on the leader of the group.

    nul=[this,"area0", "fortify"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

    When the mission starts, they don't do anything. Even after all of the initialization has finished. I have tried multiple things and can't get them to do anything at all.

    FYI, area0 is a marker I have around the camp I want them to fortify.


    Any ideas?

    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

  • #2
    Re: Upsmon

    did u add the compile command to the init file?

    Also, turn on debugging. That helps A LOT. You can find that in the UPSmon config file.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Upsmon

      That's a positive on both.

      Debug (assuming this is even my debug...)


      I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Upsmon

        Need to sit and wait a while for them to calculate and react.

        Pepper

        "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Upsmon

          Does the side chat pop up saying what unit they are and what they are doing?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Upsmon

            The side chat pops up and initializes 35 instances, other than that there is nothing.

            Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
            Need to sit and wait a while for them to calculate and react.
            I sat around with it open for an hour, and then when I came back there was no difference. I tested it with multiple different types of code and scenarios, all no such luck.

            I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Upsmon

              Area doesn't need to be called Area0 or whatever, can name it whatever you want. I'll just go through some troubleshooting stuff, although you've probably got it covered.

              • The AI's name needs to match the area they're standing in.
              • The nul=[this,"area0", "fortify"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"; needs to be on the group leader.
              • Not actually sure how UPSMON set to Fortify will react if you put them somewhere with nothing TO fortify. (It may be they don't recognise a building - UPSMON doesn't recognise the buildings on Celle2, for example)
              • Cross-check the above by moving htem near a building and testing it.
              • Check there's a little icon on the map where the group you placed are.

              Pepper

              "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Upsmon

                Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
                Area doesn't need to be called Area0 or whatever, can name it whatever you want. I'll just go through some troubleshooting stuff, although you've probably got it covered.

                • The AI's name needs to match the area they're standing in.
                • The nul=[this,"area0", "fortify"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"; needs to be on the group leader.
                • Not actually sure how UPSMON set to Fortify will react if you put them somewhere with nothing TO fortify. (It may be they don't recognise a building - UPSMON doesn't recognise the buildings on Celle2, for example)
                • Cross-check the above by moving htem near a building and testing it.
                • Check there's a little icon on the map where the group you placed are.

                I did all of the following except naming the air the area name. I will try that when I get home tonight. Thank you.

                I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Upsmon

                  Originally posted by Toptonic - Butler View Post
                  I did all of the following except naming the air the area name. I will try that when I get home tonight. Thank you.
                  After testing this, I still have no change. HOWEVER: I made a separate mission specifically to test it out and it worked fine. It's safe to say I'm confused.

                  Anyone you UPSMON on clafghan? I assume it's not the map, but just curious.

                  I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Upsmon

                    Oh, I've had that before. UPSMON didn't like a mission I did, vomited errors all over the place. Remade the mission in exactly the same way, issue solved.

                    Pepper

                    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Upsmon

                      Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
                      Oh, I've had that before. UPSMON didn't like a mission I did, vomited errors all over the place. Remade the mission in exactly the same way, issue solved.

                      Yeah :/ Since then I have scrapped the mission. I am working on another one now however, and everything is going amazing. Did I mention I absolutely love UPSMON?

                      I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

                      Comment

                      Connect

                      Collapse

                      TeamSpeak 3 Server

                      Collapse

                      Advertisement

                      Collapse

                      Twitter Feed

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X