Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Advice

Hi guys.

I am developing a mission in which the takistan army starts a counter-insurgency. We are all use to seeing the modern and publicised insurgencies like Afghan, and Iraq. But, Pakistan is currently fighting a gruesome insurgency. Syria is about to develop into a full blown insurgency. But these countries don't have technology that the US, or UK have at disposal. So, the patrol will be fighting insurgents with similar weapons, and less support.

So, my current mission involves a partol tasked with clearing a town, heavily defended with insurgents.

My first problem, is that i want to give the patrol an, if not two armoured vehicles. But i don't know what to give them. I wouldn't want to over power the support element of the patrol, nor under power it. So, BMP2 and M113, or 2 BTR70s.

All advice or requests are welcome!

Re: Mission Advice

I think no1 use caterpillar vehs 4 patrol coz its expensive repair tracks. Maybe HMMWV&M2 or UAZ&DSHKM 4 light support, Stryker or BTR70 4 heavy..

Comment

Originally posted by Chichco View Post
      I think no1 use caterpillar vehs 4 patrol coz its expensive repair tracks. Maybe HMMWV&M2 or UAZ&DSHKM 4 light support, Stryker or BTR70 4 heavy..
      I Think it'll be BTRs then.

Comment

When it comes down to insurgency situations in-game, vehicle support tends to trump the mission unless you offer the AI extensive amounts of anti-tank, and then you run into the issue of the armour getting killed extremely easily. As a pretty experienced mission maker myself, I can attest to the fact that implementing vehicular support is extremely difficult and that you should try to limit it as much as possible. Another thing, to ease the CO's job, always try to manage the use of vehicles ahead of time for the players in the briefing, that way CO's can use that as a hand-rail so to speak on getting things organized and out the door quickly.
        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Or stick the mission in a high density urban area, so vehicles can't just drive all over the place. Then infantry still have to clear buildings.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Vodnik, large carry capacity, two MGs but still a softish target.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X