Help Me Out - Co-Author a Mission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Out - Co-Author a Mission

I am in the midst of working up a map design and briefing for a mission I would like to make. I have never created a full fledged mission before and I could use a guiding hand in the best practices of mission development. Please note I am not looking for a babysitter but someone I can work with collaboratively to make an awesome mission. I am comfortable using the editor and in that area I usually just look for documentation however for scripting I am still looking for the right direction.

If you are interested please let me know.
    sigpic

Re: Help Me Out - Co-Author a Mission

I'm not much of a scriptor, but you can make good missions with just the built in mission editor. That is how I started out, and slowly developed my own method of making the missions.

If you are in need of a specific type of scripts, try looking for them in the mission development forum. If not, you can easily google it.
    Just give credits where its due in your notes.

But if all of the above fails, we have a pool of capable mission makers here in ARMA. Just ask around :)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I will definitely have some questions for the TG mission guru's on a few topics mainly game logic and scripts for handling AI deployment.

So far I have my units setup and named. I placed all my markers and my briefing is pretty much complete. I've placed all the modules for the various ACE items and weather. I have already looked at some of the JIP and respawn scripts which seem pretty straight forward.

Currently in the mission I have planned for three main themes; direct action, defense, and exfiltration. Also as a coming attraction here is my mission write-up:

In response to a large increase of insurgent activity in Takistan the US Army has setup a small foward operating base at the airfield Southwest of Loy Manara. Recent intel has suggested that the Takistani insurgent leader will be meeting with several Russian contacts in the town of Bastam to conduct an arms trade in the region. A special forces squad has been diverted from operations in Clafghan to neutralize the leader.
      sigpic

Comment

I can help you. Find me in game and we'll chat.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Well it's been a little bit of a challenge figuring things out but last night I put the finishing logic touches on my mission. Now I just got to dress it up a little bit and send it off to be uploaded.

Thanks to those that answered questions and spent time brainstorming.
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X