Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butler's Wave Defense v1 - Announcement, Information, Testing, Etc...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler's Wave Defense v1 - Announcement, Information, Testing, Etc...

Hey folks! :)

You can read more about the mission itself here.

Admins, I'm not sure if this thread should be here or in mission development. I feel like it doesn't fit in either, but that's your call. Move as you please.

I am aware this doesn't fit the "realism" bill. I wasn't aiming for realism, and was aiming for more an arcade style play with this. I hope you guys don't mind too much. I didn't place TacticalGamer all over it because of this.

Testing!

I would like to schedule an official test session in order to try and work out most of the bugs. I will run smaller sessions throughout this weekend, so feel free to pop in and I'm sure I would love to have you (no promises, though). I haven't picked a date for the "official" session but I'm looking for upwards of at least 15 players. It would be cool if someone would step up as a CO and organize it a bit, so we could have an actual organized FOB sim going. I personally would like a grunt role so I can listen to complaints and
    can be approached about bugs without interrupting any organization.

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to comment on this post. I'd like to create a count of players willing to attend a session, as well as days next week they are free to test. Thanks for your cooperation!

Butler.
    Last edited by Toptonic - Butler; 07-07-2012, 05:02 PM.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Re: Butler's Wave Defense v1 - Announcement, Information, Testing, Etc...

I would like to attend these sessions! Ill be free until next Friday!

Comment

I like where this is going... It's good to have those missions where you can focus on having some lead-down-range fun for a little while. Seems like it will make a good addition to the missions we currently play.
      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

This sounds like fun. Id be willing to attend.

Comment

Wave one of bug testing complete!

Bugs Fixed:

• FIXED - Ready Up Globalization!
          • FIXED - JIP resetting specific variables.
          • FIXED - Globalization of ticket gaining while removing objects.
          • FIXED - Mission Ending is globalized.

• ADDED - Change globalization of several title-texts, to give more information to players.

And here I thought it was perfect...
          Last edited by Toptonic - Butler; 07-08-2012, 03:42 AM.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Early version bugs aside it's a great concept but needs some refinement. I know you were having problems with parameters but I would highly suggest this as with any popular seed or arcade type game an admin should be able to change it on the fly (e.g. Patrol Ops, Domi, Dogfighters, etc). I am sure one of the many TG mission guru's can help out.

Otherwise keep up the great work! :row__591:
            sigpic

Comment

:D Don't worry, the mission is already set up for parameters. I just need to implement them.

Comment

@Butler

Moved to appropriate thread.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Hey that looks pretty fun actually! Do you have a release date ?
                  sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Well right now I just need to get the final testing done. Once that's done, I'll be happy to release. The problem is finding the people and time to test it, without having a million people try to give me new suggestions and idea. I need to atleast get the first version out!

Comment

I have officially stopped work on this, and decided to release it as-is. I BELIEVE it works 100%, but if you find a bug feel free to report it. I may actually fix them, assuming this has enough people interested.

You can read more and download it here:

http://ryanbutler.weebly.com/wavedefense.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X