ACE Backpacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE Backpacks

Im one of my TVTs, you need to carry a backpack to a zone. The backpack starts at a point and not on someone's back. In some earlier versions, you could pick up the pack and put it onto your back. Now, using the ace interaction menu, you can "Carry" the pack but it hovers infront of your face (annoying). Anyone know how to actually put it on your back?

Re: ACE Backpacks

I can help you with that :D

You'll need to create a script that gives you an action menu item for picking it up, that then places it on your back. I'll get on to you as soon as I wakeup a bit. I'll probably do more harm than good atm.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Sector, I believe what is going on is that you are attempting to take an ACE_Ruck when you already have one. From what I recall, there has never been a way to "pick it up and put it on your back" unless you mean take the ACE Ruck and put it into your inventory and the move it to the "On Back" gear slot.

The solution that in my opinion that would work best is just set up a script that would use attachTo so you move the backpack to a less visibility blocking area and that it doesn't restrict movement speed. You could use the BIS_fnc_setPitchBank API command to align the backpack on their back so it doesn't look so funky, but it won't move around with the unit.

Also, if you want to put it into their gear, you'll have to find a way of preserving the fact that the object is still within the zone until it is not, which I can't really think of a way of doing that. (And by that I mean, when you pick an object up like an ACE Ruck, it technically deletes the object. So, while Carrying it, the ruck still exists and its variable name still exists.) I don't know how the trigger works (or whatever you're using) but I'm guessing it is a "Not Present" trigger, you could always script in so that it could check if a player picks it up and that would set a variable to true (or false) which would disallow the trigger from firing until it is false (or true) again.
      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Well, what is weird was I was able to "Take Backpack" from the scroll menu before. Then a patch for ACE came out that removed that feature. I do not have any rucks on my back.

Carry does kinda work, I wish it stayed the way it was before. If I add a script, I am worried that it wont show up correctly for everyone, and only show up on the back of the person who ran the script. I am horrible with code writing...

Comment

The Take Backpack is still there, if you have a Rucksack, you cannot take another one if its the kind that is deployed on the ground as an ammobox.
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

The guy spawns with no back pack. There is one backpack that spawns in the middle of the road, and I use to be able to walk up to it and "take" it. Now I can only carry it via interaction menu.

Comment

You could also change the backpack type, because specific backpacks do still allow you to pick them up.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay new problem. Fixed the not picking up part. Now, everytime I have this Pack on my back and I get into my vehicle. When I get out, I seem to lose the specific pack i had. Ex. The pack's name is "Pack X". When I jump into a vehicle then jump out, I get the same type of pack, but it seems to lose its identifier "Pack X".

However, if I store into the vehicle "gear", it keeps its identifier.

Comment

Oh boy. That is a game engine issue. There is probably a workaround you can do such as checking if you get into a vehicle, and automatically storing it into the gear, and then pulling it when you exit. You might be able to pull it off with event handlers, however I just wiped my system and don't even have ArmA installed yet.

Comment

Okay, so after some testing, it is in fact when you GET OUT of a vehicle if you have the pack on your back. It actually sometimes changes it to a completely different backpack. Does anyone know how to script something that will replace the backpack on the person who got out with a backpack? I know the "!alive pack" does work in detecting this problem. I just suck a scripting.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X