AI Jets Not Aggressive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Jets Not Aggressive

I may need someone to take a look at it with me tonight if possible but in the mean time I will let it hang to dry here.

Currently I have a Blufor squad on a mountain with an empty Humvee variant. Once one of my objectives is complete I have a pair of Opfor jets takeoff and head to a "Seek and Destroy" waypoint, the waypoint before I set them to combat status RED and aware. Once they reach the waypoint over the Blufor squad they just start flying around in circles. Even if I attack them on foot or in the vehicle with the mounted MG they continue to just circle.

Any ideas how I can get them to engage?
    sigpic

Re: AI Jets Not Aggressive

Hmm maybe you could try in a trigger:

condition:
    Code:
    jet1 distance man1 < 1000
    on act:
    Code:
    jet1 reveal man1; jet1 dotarget man1;
    Where jet1 is your jet, and man1 is the BLUFOR squad leader. I've done that before and I was able to get an AI A10 to engage on the first run. It basically forces the jet to notice and start to engage the BLUFOR once they are at least for a moment less than 1000 meters from each other.

Hopefully this can help.

Comment

I'd try settings its behavior to "combat" and just "destroy."

Are your units in cover or are exposed?

I'd give it a shot first on the oilfield desert map, just to make sure it works with clear lines of sight. Normally the jets will continue making several passes until all of their targets are eliminated. Shouldn't require any fancy scripting.

The other thing I would check is to make sure the jets actually are carrying ordinance... what are their loadouts?
      "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
      -Einstein

Comment

Ok I will give it a try on a flat map. The units are completely exposed on large patch of flat angled ground about a 10 degree angle. The Opfor jets are just the standard Frogfoots on the insurgent side, no changes to their default load out.
        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X