Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Missions Request

Hello budding mission makers and vets.

I'm requesting a type of mission that is centered around max 3 fireteams & 1 squad leader. Or a section.

Goal for us is to allow for maximum basic level of operations in small units, to also adding the help of artillery or CAS by AIs.

Have at 'em!

Sent from my phone

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Re: Missions Request

Is this for training purposes? If not can it be any type of mission (i.e. S&D, HVT, Patrol, Assault, etc)?
    sigpic

Comment

It could and Why not?

The only Pre-requisite is that you play as an infantry soldier. Not as a Special Forces operator.

Bring it back to the basics. Where players can practice via playing.

Sent from my phone

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Ok got it. Just finished my other mission so I'll take a crack at this.
        sigpic

Comment

I see. So my special ops missions aren't good enough for you!

=)

I'm just kidding. I'm planning on jumping into the "basic soldiering" missions after my Scorpion events. We need more combat patrols and the more of us who contribute, the better.

I shall heed your call, sir.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

SML 18 fits the bill, and it is random every time. =)

I will see what I can dig up.

Comment

Before we get out of hand by adding C130s, Ospreys, Cows, ATVs, 50cal rifles…

Keep it really simple, and I stress the word "simple."

Start/JIP locations close to the objective (yes, singular).
              No unrealistic OPFOR in AO.
              (Even if the players only encounter 5 enemy soldiers)
              Simplified Medic systems.
              Replay ability.
              Mission duration "minimal"

I'll get some made also. ;)

Comment

Im interested, if you need any help let me know. Im currently working on a 'training sector' map to use for TGU or anyone who wants to practice alone.
                sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Hey.
                  I wanted to ask If someone can maybe make a mission for the map takistan.
                  I know tht we allready have a mission for learning all the weapons (do not know the name right now) I played it a few times but for me with a medium-performance computer this map is pure fps hell and its teleport and task system is for private skill training not really usable, to figure out how all this is made up on this mao I needed like 30mins and then some of the options hasnt worked as well.

What I want to request is somethin very very simple, like this:

[Picture is too big to upload to imageshack, so this is google, u may have to donwload it (7,80 MB)]
                  https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9z...3VublVHNXQ1RUE

test-targets:

Range 1:
                  Shortrange shooting range with testtargets in distances:
                  50,100,125,175,200,250,300,310,345 meters

Range II:
                  SDM shooting range with testtargets in:
                  100,150,200,225,273,349,410,460,505,562,600,650 meters
                  at 150m car, 250m car, 350m truck (so you try to shoot through the windows - killing drivers)

Range III:
                  2000m range for snipers and their spotters
                  test-targets all over the shooting range place:
                  behind trees, in houses, behind wracks, bundged ones up and far spreaded ones.

Enemy occupied area:
                  An Area where camps pops up, cars, trucks, patrols, maybe 1 or 2 choopers.
                  but it would be importent that thoose troops do not leave the marked area.

Is something like this possible?
                  (havent marked all my ideas on it, being unsure about if this is even possible)

Pax

Comment

definitely pax.
                    just takes time to find a good place for the ranges and setting it up.
                    for the AO range, you just need to use a UPS script, which randomizes movement in an AO for vehicles and infantry.

so ya, definitely doable in 1-2 days
                    Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Well, the problem is, that I a.) have no clue on creating missions and scripting and all that stuff and b.) have no chance to concentrate on learning it, because I just started a traineeship + parttime school, so my head is pretty much filled up with a lot of new information, I need to keep.

When someone is in here, who knows how to create missions, I would like to do some teamwork with him... well... I'd just be able to share my ideas and thoughts about the mission being created... but I guess that this is better than nothing.
                      If someone is interessted in this, may you go on and write me via PM :) I would rly appreciate this, because I feel the lag of on of this missions myself, trying to improve my SDM/Sniper skills, trying to concentrate my career in TG on medical field service and sharpshooting.

Pax

EDIT: Well what I could do are all the picture and discription stuff, writing all the text and making map-pics which can be inserted to signs ingame... some stuff like that...

Comment

Missions Request

When you see me online on TS or chat. Send me a message. I'll help you while I can.
                        With what I can. :)

Comment

I'll see about converting the later Bear missions and others to the TG mod pack and submit them.
                          |
                          | |

"Kirov is boss"
                          CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

Im searching for some more ideas for that mission. when I think that I found enough material and ideas which are possible and which do not end in script-wars, I'll def-. ask.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X