Alpha missions need some scripts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha missions need some scripts

I'm realizing that there are some elements to a good mission for Alpha that will require some scripts. First off my goal is to move a 30+ player population from the Domination & give them something more objective based where they will experience the slot selection screen where we set up the command structure. But after that there must be the ability to integrate JIP's.

- Need to get a good revive script working. I've been using the R3 Revive script & have been only able to make medics do the revive. This is fine but I'd like to get it to work for everyone to be able to revive as well. The revive is necessary as the medical system of vanilla is very harsh for new players.

- Also would like to get a good spectator script working for those missions where it'd be nice to limit or restrict respawns all together. We had a good taste of one from the RIP/TOUR/TG I-44 event the last month. I'll see if they wouldn't mind sharing it. You got a camera & could toggle between who you would view from & fly the camera at will. All the dead could talk in group channel.

- must be able to reorganize group using a Team Status type window. JIPs and respawns must be able to reorganize. I've never tried this out yet.

- I want to add functions to the scroll wheel menu. I imagine this is easy but just need to buckle down & search it. I thing the radio triggers are a little clunky.

- How to restrict vehicles by class. Only pilots should be able to fly. Or even better, someone who is CO can assign anyone the permission to fly without having to be beside the vehicle to unlock it. Ideas?

There will be more as we need new content for our Alpha server asap. I'm going to start a mission as soon as I can. Anyone else available?
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Alpha missions need some scripts

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
    - I want to add functions to the scroll wheel menu. I imagine this is easy but just need to buckle down & search it. I thing the radio triggers are a little clunky.
    I can assist with this part, depending on the function you wish to deploy from the scroll menu.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Most of these scripts already exist its just a matter of finding and testing them, the add function option is very easy its a simple addAction command in the editor if I recall, I think your best bet is too call on the script gods for help here or if not them I hear BP and a few others are very good with scripts

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

need to be able to enable map markers with names for each player or an admin spectate to keep pubbies in check
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Need a script that will reload custom loadouts on respawn.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

got a prob with a koth trigger...

the condition is Anybody, present, repeating and "this and isPlayer (thislist select 0);"
            the init is : "zoneguy = thislist select 0; publicVariable "zoneguy"; zoneguy addScore 2; "

I have to use Anybody as I've used "this addRating -99999" to make all players enemies for the scoring. The trigger was firing & now it's not. I can't find out whats wrong so far.

edit: it seems to be working now just with sketchy results...hmmm
            Last edited by Unkl; 08-12-2012, 05:01 PM.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X