Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domination and Evolution Problems

Hey guys,

Firstly, I apologise for this really boring topic. I've been Googling and searching for a solution to these two separate issues for a while now and can't find anything - maybe I'm using the wrong keywords or maybe this isn't a common issue if you're doing everything correctly (which I may not).

Essentially, like everyone else, I'm just trying to add some new vehicles to the start of both Domination 2 and Evolution 2 (or v.3 as it said on the download page *shrugs).

Domination
    I can edit everything fine (I decompressed the pbo file using cPBO); I add a few vehicles as a test and compile the whole thing to my mpmissions folder. I then create a pbo file from this folder using cPBO again. Once loaded on the server, however, AI are in the place of player spawns and the missions don't work - I an only assume this is because it's in single player or something.

An additional problem is that the vehicles I added don't respawn but I expect this is an unrelated issue that needs to be fixed via some config file alterations (I've not bothered to look this one up yet)

Evolution
    First off, why are there two versions of each Blue and Red? One is called EvolutionB2.Sara.pbo and one is called EvolutionB2.Sara_dbe1.pbo - I had no idea what the difference was so I simply extracted the pbo using Eliteness pbo browser (thought this might make a difference). Anyway, I can't even view this map in the editor.

I bet these questions have been answered before so I'd happily accept any advice/links. I know this might annoy some of you, but please refrain from sending me a massive 100-page thread on how to edit maps when you could save me an hours worth of reading.

With that said, thank you all for reading!

Domination and Evolution Problems

Originally posted by proffrink View Post
    Domination
    I can edit everything fine (I decompressed the pbo file using cPBO); I add a few vehicles as a test and compile the whole thing to my mpmissions folder. I then create a pbo file from this folder using cPBO again. Once loaded on the server, however, AI are in the place of player spawns and the missions don't work - I an only assume this is because it's in single player or something.
    Have you tried to make the "AI"s into "playable" within the editor?

An additional problem is that the vehicles I added don't respawn but I expect this is an unrelated issue that needs to be fixed via some config file alterations (I've not bothered to look this one up yet)
    This could be the fact that the vehicles needed to be named, surely there is a script some where that checks the vehicles.

Evolution
    First off, why are there two versions of each Blue and Red? One is called EvolutionB2.Sara.pbo and one is called EvolutionB2.Sara_dbe1.pbo - I had no idea what the difference was so I simply extracted the pbo using Eliteness pbo browser (thought this might make a difference). Anyway, I can't even view this map in the editor.
    Those files are for ARMA1. The tell tale is in the name of the pbo. "Sara_dbe1", and "Sara"
    That map is actually called Sahrani.

I bet these questions have been answered before so I'd happily accept any advice/links. I know this might annoy some of you, but please refrain from sending me a massive 100-page thread on how to edit maps when you could save me an hours worth of reading.

With that said, thank you all for reading!
    Sorry to offend you but, if you are asking for help. You can't expect a simple answer that is productive. But if you're looking for a direct answer. I'd would tell you to visit the Bohemia Interactive forums. Google for link.

Hope these suggestions, however useless they seem places you in the right direction.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Re: Domination and Evolution Problems

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
      Have you tried to make the "AI"s into "playable" within the editor?
      I don't understand why that wouldn't already be 'done' seeing as I'm simply extracting files from the pbo file - does ARMA automagically set all imported mission files to be 'singleplayer friendly'? I'll try that though; thanks.

This could be the fact that the vehicles needed to be named, surely there is a script some where that checks the vehicles.
      Yeh, I'll look into this I expect.

Those files are for ARMA1. The tell tale is in the name of the pbo. "Sara_dbe1", and "Sara"
      That map is actually called Sahrani.
      Well, that clears a lot up. I remember playing Evo on another server just a couple of days ago. I'll go find another link.

Sorry to offend you but, if you are asking for help. You can't expect a simple answer that is productive. But if you're looking for a direct answer. I'd would tell you to visit the Bohemia Interactive forums. Google for link.

Hope these suggestions, however useless they seem places you in the right direction.
      You've been very helpful, but looking through a lot of the threads on the forum leads me to think that a lot of the regulars here are actually a tiny bit lazy when it comes to making replies. Things like 'search' and 'link to thread' really are frustrating. If you're going to send me to a massive thred without telling me roughly where to look then I'm not going to bother if it takes me more than 2 minutes to find the section I need. And I'm not going to lie and say that I will.

Thanks for your help! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X