TVT Missions - in development

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TVT Missions - in development

Seems like there has been a lot of interest in TVT missions as of late. In fact, I don't remember playing ANY TVT earlier this year.

I noticed there is a dearth of TacticalGamer - type TVT missions available...

I am in the process of making a base mission template that can be easily copy-pasta'd to any locale or map for us to play on. Might be fun to have some EQUAL TVT missions that don't lump one side or the other with an unfair advantage.

Hopefully, this will lead to some large-ish TG community matches.

Currently, I'm about 70% done with the mission. The loadouts are the big thing that needs to be balanced properly, along with any other suggestions, although it will be a very basic "meeting engagement" style of gameplay, without fancy stuff like "respawns," "JIPs," "vehicles," "CAS," etc...

Let me know if there is any actual interest - I've been listening to people online, and I'd like for this idea to take off.
    Hoping I might get some input from some of our veteran players, particularly if you have command experience. Let me know if you would like to help participate.

Thanks!
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
    -Einstein

Re: TVT Missions - in development

I should add that the first mission proof-of-concept that I am developing is an 80 player map, on Takistan, near Karachinar. There is a convenient N/S section of the city separated by some open ground.

Mission is based off the F2 framework. Customization to meet TG standards & naming conventions.

Triggers are simple - one side wins if the other side is no longer present. So if your team goes out of bounds, then you can lose!

Tentatively no JIP or respawn, although I am wondering if perhaps there should be some JIP allowed, incase people drop.

Sides: BLUFOR US Army vs OPFOR Takistani militants

Weapons: mostly iron sights carbines, rifles, machineguns, a few RPG weapons, and possibly 1 mortar for each side. See if you guys can use those properly. Also - no sniper rifles! GL for SL and FTL for both sides, however.

Limited Ammo - you get what you start with. Better conserve ammo - should help by preventing one team from bunkering up. Too bad there aren't bayonets... that would be interesting.

ACE wounds, forced 1st person.

F2 has an interesting system where on the map you see a handy little NATO-styled icon for units, instead of dots. May help people know whats up better (situational awareness).

Parameters - going to have a system where you get to choose the day/night/weather conditions, as well as change shacktac huds (team status). Going to force a mid-level grass detail for uniformity.

Playing the level, seems to get pretty decent framerates. Not great, but you have some interesting sightlines on the map.

===========
    BTW, would love to have some additional (smallish) maps with better terrain. Most maps are basically just flat, rolling hills with little cover besides buildings. :\
    -Einstein

Comment

I have a few TvTs for alpha. mostly just battlefield style gameplay (kind of arcade style too, but that can be changed), with capturing bunkers and getting points for them. also with random asset spawning to spice things up a little bit, and i was thinking about adding role specific kill streaks (pilots call in CAS/CAP, AT soldiers can call in ammo drops, Team Leaders can call in arty, et cetera)
      my scripts can easily be brought over to other maps and gametypes and can be easily manipulated.

I think it would be great if we could get together and share ideas on this.
      Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Hey, thanks Yink. We definitely need to communicate sometime. I'm currently in finals week in grad school, but in about a week and a half I will have some free time. I will throw my TVT mission up on Charlie sometime soon and then we can check it out, and I can see what you are putting together.

Note that one of my goals is to have a very simple mission, that can be flexibly modified. If you haven't already, take a look at the F2 framework. Its pretty easy to modify, IMO.

At the same time, the fewer scripts running, the better performance we will get. And if we do large TVT matches... 40 - 60 - 80, then we will probably want a min. stuff running.
        -Einstein

Comment

sounds good, maybe you want to designate a marksman with an ACOG within a squad or a sniper team within a platoon.
          let me know if I can help you.
          what's the value of so called "tactics" and "teamwork", when I am better and faster alone?

Comment

Yeah, I have some DM for both sides; BLUFOR will get RCO scoped M4s. They will be the only units that get optics - I'm going to alternate between a fireteam having a DM or an AT guy.

I see way too many TVT missions ruined by an overdose of snipers and marksman.
            -Einstein

Comment

you could still have marksman, but to limit them i would set a lower maximum viewdistance (on maps without vehicles) and just place more cover or less practical long rifles on certain maps (if marksmen are a problem still)
              Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

No, I have some marksman in it. However, my question would be, what is the standard US ARMY or USMC squad format/structure? Are designated marksman that prominent at the squad level? Every squad? Etc.

I am currently using this 10-man squad structure:

-Squad Leader
                -Team Medic

Team1
                -FTL1
                -Automatic Rifleman
                -Assistant Automatic Rifleman
                -Designated Marksman (m4 ACOG)

Team2
                -FTL2
                -Automatic Rifleman
                -Assistant Automatic Rifleman
                -AT rifleman (AT4)

To make a 40-man platoon, add three squads together, plus a command element and some support units. Like we'll ever have a 40v40 TVT match.... :P

It was my idea that using a standard template(s) for team loadouts and platoon/squad organization would solve a large problem that TG has, and that is trying to figure out how all the missions are organized. Obviously being able to redo grouping using the STHUD in-game after the mission evolves (and you take casualties) is critical, however.
                -Einstein

Comment

Congrats on the initiative. We really need more TvT missions.
                  It would be cool if you made a TvT mission for an event.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X