Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[FEEDBACK] The future without Clafghan or Fallujah?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [FEEDBACK] The future without Clafghan or Fallujah?

Some folks are suggesting that these terrains are under used. More so Clafghan than Fallujah. If we remove terrains then it makes room within TGMaps to offer some others.

Ops has suggested Baghdad in place of Fallujah. It's supposed to be better for AI pathfinding. I find the colour a little harsh but we have not entertained the idea thus far as we already had a sprawling flat city in Fallujah.

Clafghan can be a really sweet map but the steep mountains do render a large portion of the map exactly the same strategically.

Here are the questions as I currently see them:
    Are we going to be using Fallujah or Clafghan more in the future?
    Are there better uses of our space in TGMaps?
    Can we afford to lose the missions that are currently on these terrains?
    ...or can we get those missions ported to a new terrain?
    What do you think? What other options do you see?

I'm asking here primarily for a mission makers perspective but this is indeed open to all players to add to our review of these maps.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: [FEEDBACK] The future without Clafghan or Fallujah?

I'd be happy seeing both removed.

Baghdad is a good map to consider.

As far as missions go, they can be recreated, ported, improved, or re-imagined on newer terrains. From my point of view, we need some newer maps.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I like these ideas and going further may be a removal of some unused addons is in the works as well. But I think Baghdad as well as some winter map with a small set of opfor / blufor in winter camo would be nice.

Comment

I'm not a mission maker, but I don't mind Clafghan and Fallujah being removed for new maps. Baghdad looks like a good map to add!

Also, I don't know if this is correct, but I believe Clafghan is the biggest map we have in TGMAPS. Since it is so huge, the download size must be huge itself too. Does this mean we can replace Clafghan and Fallujah with 3 new maps? I'm not a tech guy, not sure if that's how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by OPS View Post
          I like these ideas and going further may be a removal of some unused addons is in the works as well. But I think Baghdad as well as some winter map with a small set of opfor / blufor in winter camo would be nice.

I would like to submit this map as a consideration for testing.

Thirsk island - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id...ghlight=THIRSK

Small terrain only 5km x 5km but comes with its own weather module and winter camo units and two versions of the island ( one winter one summer )

The down side I see with removing the other islands is we would loose quite a few very popular missions on falujah, SML - Lazy sunday - City drive, to name just a few.

Maybe we can get permission to port a some of them over to the new islands ?

Also some cool snow units by Schnapsdrosel - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9028

All featured in the Oscar nominated Youtube web series BL1PS ANGELS

Part one

Part two
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

support BL1Ps suggestion

-- send via smartphone --

Comment

I've been slowly making a mission for clafghan, but the terrain is pretty homogenous and unrelenting. The roads are basically the only way to get around, but offer poor connectivity and are very linear in nature. Porting missions over is a very simple process, if we have similar terrain. What about tora bora?
              "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
              -Einstein

Comment

I have to say going for a snowy map would be a nice change from that desert,but i dont think we should remove CLA Afghan or falujah.
                We do have some mission on them and we could add some more on them,why not right?!
                But the old maps that are outdated should be removed,like a clean up before we could start thinking of adding some more.
                Also being able to change the terrain grid should be on every map that we play so ppl dont complain about how low fps they have on that certain map,if you dont like it with the terrain grid off just leave it on...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X