TG Gear - part of development for Vanilla MSO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Gear - part of development for Vanilla MSO

Here is a sneak peak at one of the modules in development for the MSO version for Alpha server. This is part of a project by the ArmA Projects Team. Big thanks to fr33bird for creating the dialogs and scripts to make these loadouts work! This is the result of a preliminary Beta test:

|TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: TG Gear - part of development for Vanilla MSO

+1 this is a good idea!
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Awesome

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Good work Team and Freebird!

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Thats great....good work
          |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

Checked this out tonight. Not a fan of getting stuck with standard load outs. What I want depends on many things. Possibility of mechanized, day or night, size of group or lone wolf, do I need SD to get in close or am I hitting from distance, etc. Hope the larger selections remain available.

Comment

@Zap - good point. This is intended to do two things. First is help new players get the gear they need to assist their fire team. Then help speed things up at the ammo crates when players have to change roles due to players dropping out & new ones coming in. You will notice the regular ammo crates are there in the background for you to customize your kit as the situation and team leader requires. There are other plans for this tool but before we get to involved we want to see how it works by play testing and then making adjustments based on actual use instead of theory.

Some new folks don't know what an Assistant Auto-Rifleman is and with two clicks they have the ammo the m249 gunner will need. In a half hour from now you will all be deployed deep in enemy territory & resupply will be long way off. Johnny-come-lately may not know what a m249 belt is, but he'll be glad to have one to give the SAW gunner when the lead is flying.

Along the way, some say we might just impart a little info on what the roles are and what is in the kits they require. But that's the conspiracy theory stuff. We will neither confirm or deny such assertions so as to not give any credit to such questions.

Anyway, without being silly about it, you will indeed be able to make selections based on need. When your team leader says load out & resupply, give me AR, AAR & a Rifleman/AT4...you can be loaded up in your transport in 30 seconds. It's not realistic but it is a nice thing for the players who already waited 10 mins for your team to RTB before moving out to ambush that moving convoy. This becomes a test of your tactics and less a race of gear menu proficiency.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I was going to add preset load outs to PO:MSO :) ... think it was TicTac who suggested it to me.

Mind if I use your template when finished but just add the scripting for class into it for PO:MSO ?

Cause it looks cool :) does it play that funky music as well ? :P
                The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Lets chat BL1P. We have some plans for this we can use your help on. It shouldnt be a prob to port it over for your use so Ill look for u after work.
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I hear you Unk and in the real world you use what your issued. It may work on Bravo but Alpha players don't roll play...they are medic's with AT and MG's. Hard enough getting anyone to play ranked because of limited weapons. Talk with some of the regular players. They don’t post in the forums, you know who they are. If you leave both systems or make it a parameter that can be turned off it will be fine.

Comment

I opened this up hoping to see a selection of T shirts and ball caps. Der Grunt.

I like the standardized load out concept as long as its specific to the mission and role like Unk said.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by ZAP44 View Post
                        ...they are medic's with AT and MG's.
                        LOL not on my watch.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Is this ONLY for the Vanilla MSO stuff, or will this be set up for the regular Domination maps we play, too?

Comment

Refer to "TG Gear - part of development for Vanilla MSO"

However, who knows. Maybe one day we can utilize this into our regular missions, depending on the mission makers ofcourse.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                              Refer to "TG Gear - part of development for Vanilla MSO"

However, who knows. Maybe one day we can utilize this into our regular missions, depending on the mission makers ofcourse.
                              I saw the thread Title, but then Zap was talking like the regular Alpha server might be affected (which indeed seemed odd to me as I have only once seen it not running a Domination map).

I would like to see gear presets on the Domi maps, though. Getting a bunch of newbie PUGs organized on a Friday night can take an hour or more while people peruse the ammo crate. One night during a 20 man operation I was sent back to the box three times to change my gear because our mission goals kept changing randomly. I am totally not familar with the order things appear on the gear box so finding everything was a real pain.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X