Mission making changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission making changes

We are going to be rolling out a few changes to help mission makers fit in the format and use standard conventions for missions. This is going to require more back end work so in order to do this work we are going to make a few changes all the way through. This post is just to give the heads up and we will fully outline the process in official announcements in the near future.

1. Mission Framework - will be developed with default briefing format, init.sqf template, default TG loadscreen (subject to mission makers discretion to replace), mission parameters (optional), readMe with naming conventions and mission description requirements.

2. Testing requirements. Will be required to be tested on a dedicated server. See a member of the ArmA Projects Team if you need help getting your mission tested. This is a pre-submission quality test.

3. Submissions follow the current format as it pretty much is.

4. Submissions will be checked as they often are for standards and injection of some content which will be required for server functions.

The step 4 will ensure that we can add some custom functions but maintain an open server without requiring rare addons.

Suggestions? Thoughts?
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Mission making changes

Suggest we take a look at the F2 framework. One thing I like that they have incorporated is a respawn script and side-specific briefings, so that we can give different objectives to OPFOR/BLUFOR/IND/CIVILIANS. Absolutely needed for TVT. Those are normally quite difficult to do.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
    -Einstein

Comment

Any idea when this is rolling out, I was thinking of looking at some missions again but will hold off if there will be a framework to build around

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Please continue making missions. This is going to be a few weeks at least.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Very interested to see how this turns out, could really speed up the process of mission making, keep us up to date if possible

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X