Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal needs some help with mission editing

Hey there ARMA gurus,

Over the past week or so I've dived into the editor to create some simple small man missions for me and my friends to play. My end goal is to have a small mission pack with missions designed around a player count of 4 to 10 players.

I am however as you'd imagine for a new person to this getting a little bit lost in some of the finer aspects to mission creation. And whilst the internet (namely armaholic and the BIS forums have answered most of my queries) some stuff has gone straight over my head.

So my current problems or to be more precise stuff I haven't figured out by myself.

1. I have a mission based around deliberate Apache operations. Simple overview; go to position A kill artillery battery and commander; go to area B kill the armoured column there; then safely return to main. I currently have objectives set up with a win and a lose condition. Objective 4 is to RTB, now currently it's just a trigger that is met when there is a Blufor presence and the other objectives are complete. The problem here is that the crew can just whizz over the flight line at a rate of knots and it'll be 'completed' mission win. What I'd like to do is have it so it only activates when all objectives have been completed and the crew is back on the ground engine off. If someone could post the init or whatever that I need to put it AND explain the steps to me roughly that'd be greatly appreciated.

2. Now problem number 2 is a little bit more of a problem in such. Same mission but when engaging the enemy armoured column we sometimes come across what we call the "invincible tank". There are 6 tanks currently that need destroying. 4 get taken out with ease by radar locked hellfire. The other 2 are by laser, mostly from our own apache. Sometimes one tank will survive 4 hellfire, a bunch of hydras and a load of 30mm (current record as wecan't be bothered to rtb all the time for more missiles) and upon inspection the hull and some other features are unharmed, the crew is dead and the tank is still drivable. Is there anything that may be causing this? anything I should do? because currently this is rather game breaking as it means that an objective can't be completed.

Ok, this post turned out to be a bit longer than I expected. But if anyone can help me out that'd be greatly appreciated. Who knows after these baby steps TG should have a new mission maker in the mix :)

Cheers,
    Animal
    AnimalMother
    Ex TG-31st LR
    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Re: Animal needs some help with mission editing

Got my trigger sorted:

Using the following

Code:
    ugly50 in thislist && ugly50 in thislist && ((getPosATL ugly50) select 2) < 2 && !(isEngineOn ugly50) && ((getPosATL ugly51) select 2) < 2 && !(isEngineOn ugly51)
    AnimalMother
    Ex TG-31st LR
    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Re: Animal needs some help with mission editing

For number 2, are you running any mods such as ACE? IRC there used (or is) an issue with ACE and armor values. If you are running mods, disable and them and then try. If you are not or disabled them and still the same results, you could always try adding a hit (or MPHit) or damaged, or handleDamage event handler to the tanks and tinker with them so that if they are hit by certain weapons or take a certain amount of damage you in turn run code that finishes the tank off.
      LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X