No announcement yet.

Super dumb question

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super dumb question

I run a little private server for DAYZ Taviana for some of the kids who watch Dad play on TG server and want to play themselves. I would like to add the Gyrocopter mod into the map. The link for what I mean is here:

Do the end users need to have it installed or can I put it in my server files and they auto download it? What is the best approach to add it in to the mission? Yup, super dumb question, but I threw the disclaimer in the title :)

Re: Super dumb question

both the clients and the servers need the same mods installed. this is easy enough if you go through six updater and install the same versions.
    so no, they will not automatically download it.
    I'm not totally sure on adding vehicles to dayz servers, because i have no experience with their vehicle placement and spawn scripts, you might want to search on armaholic or a similar site for editing the dayz mission
    Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Super dumb question

Every ArmA vehicles have their own class names. Even with third party addons.
      Once you've figured out which subfolder /file/.sqf the scripts launch the vehicles. You can add the gyro copter class name in the list.

This is going off of my past mission making experiences. No I haven't depbo'ed the dayz files.

TGU Instructor Irregulars TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer
      "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed