Complications with a mission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complications with a mission

I've been working on this 2 player coop mission for Lingor. The mission is based entirely on stealth. At the end of the mission, a contact is supposed to drive them to a safehouse in a nearby town. I tested the actions out first with a PMC SUV, and it worked well. The only problem was the driver was too careful on corners and dropped speed too low, and would mean I would have to put a lot of fluff "screenplay" to make sure the ride isn't dull (the drive will still be revealing, but the . When it was time to start filling in the bases with Opfor, I had to switch it to a civilian driver and a new vehicle, the covered truck in the lingor addons pack. The civilian driver posed several problems in that it can't drive to save its life. Not only did it not go to the final waypoint, but when it gets to the exit for the town, it drives through the woods, backs up and gets back on the road. It does the same thing on the next two waypoints. Is there a way to make a driver A) look like a civilian B) Drive like a professional, and C) not kill or get killed by anything?

There is also an objective I wanted to put in where the unit has to hack into the communications and send a signal that they've infiltrated the island. I thought there was some devices for this in the ACE package, but there are none. Is there any way I can create this action somehow?

Re: Complications with a mission

Not sure about the driving mate, I always assumed the AI was just terrible at it...

When you say "hack" do you mean a sort of mini game or do you just mean some sort of progress bar? If you look in the Mission Editing forum there is a topic about four or five down which shows how to do a progress bar. I'd put up a link but I'm don't have the rights yet ;)

EDIT: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-mi...gress-bar.html
    sigpic

Comment

you might be able to use a PMC operator, strip him of weapons, and then I know there's a init command for making him invincible. But yes, the civilians drive a lot worse than other factions.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
      "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Do you want the enemy to shoot at the getaway vehicle? If not, use "This setCaptive true;" on the driver. This will prevent him from being shot. (It will make AI not target him, he can still be killed.)

If you want both the driver, and the vehicle to be invulnerable, that is slightly tougher, as you have to make them invulnerable separately. (If you make the car indestructible, the driver can still die, and vice versa.) I forget the command, but I believe you can find it easily enough.
        The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X