X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripting fire/explosions scene

Hello,

Can someone help me with one of thoose questions:

1. I need a solution for the problem of burning vehicles form mission start on. Somehow the ways I tried never worked as wanted.

2. Vehicle A is moving to waypoint A1, as waypoint A1 is reached it is supposed tobe shot by an Anti Tank soldier 400 meters away on top of a hill. script for the gunmen did also not work.

May someone know a script or parts of a script which could help me?

Re: Scripting fire/explosions scene

do you specifically need the vehicle to be shot by a soldier, or being blown up by a grenade is sufficient maybe? some more information on the mission and your question would be nice.
    Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

The vehicle is a US Army Stryker and yes he also needs to be blown apart by a specific soldiers rocket. The vehicle is part of a convoy and will start moving to his waypoint 30-45 seconds after mission start ( I will edit this if loading in all the players will take too long ) the stryker stops after about 200m of movement and will start fire on some enemys, short after opening up it is supposed to be shot down by an enemy RPG. Why the vehicle acts like it does is part of the mission-story.
      Also I can not find a way to plant fire, like placing it on a wreck or something.

Comment

destroyed vehicles should already be on fire right when they die.
        sorry this is getting to you way late, i was trying to mess around with dotarget and dofire when this is much easier :row1_20::
        Code:
        car1 setcaptive true;
        car3 setcaptive true;

waituntil {(damage car2)>.1};

_effect = "M_AT" createvehicle getposasl car2;
        _effect setposasl getposasl car2;
        car2 setdamage 1;
        car1 setcaptive false;
        car3 setcaptive false;
        just add the vehicle you want destroyed as car2, and all others add lines to compensate (like if there is 4 vehicles, add a car4 setcaptive). make them patrol along a route and have an RPG soldier standing on the side of the hill. the .1 is to make sure that it doesnt automatically blow up if you hit a rock, but will be destroyed if the rpg hits it anywhere near or on it.

alternatively you could also possibly do:
        Code:
        car1 setcaptive true;
        car3 setcaptive true;
        car2 addeventhandler ["hit","(_this select 0) setdamage 1; car1 setcaptive false; car3 setcaptive false;"]
        again, I looked at doing this the complicated way for 5 minutes then stopped looking at it. hopefully this easy way works for what you need.
        Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

I Will try it out immediatly! Thanks very much!
          As far as I tried it out and played a little bit with the scripts, I'm gonna respond with working sripts :9

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X