Meeting with the Dev Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting with the Dev Team

I would like to sit down with everyone here and have a chat on TS. I want to go over mission making and who is doing what and the future of the game.

Any preferences?
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Meeting with the Dev Team

I'd like to join in when it happens. I've been trying to learn mission making, especially triggers and win conditions. I have some neat ideas for smaller missions with 5-15 players. I will keep looking at the tutorials but it would be great if we had some peer led sessions for creating triggers using waypoints and the like.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Sunday works for me. Here is a rundown at a high level.

Mission makers
      Dimitrius - active
      OPS - active
      Garthra - semi-active
      B - Active
      UNKL - Active
      Rudolf - semi-active
      BLIP - Resident MSO Wizard/dormant

I typically make event style and large scale missions as of late, though I have plenty of smaller scale missions out there too.

Each mission maker has their own style and approach.

I'm available on Sunday for a few hours if you like.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Semi dormant :)

But interested to attend.
        The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

:icon20: MMMk

Comment

I'm around except for a few hours after 6pm EST today and then should be here tomorrow too.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

The intention is to have a meeting with all of you so I can personally explain a little better the direction things are going. I personally feel that you guys are key to the success in the future of ArmA at TG. I have made numerous missions in the past and will create more as time permits so I have a fond appreciation for the work you do.

With that, I know everyone is all over the map with timezones and availability. How about we set up two meetings that can accommodate everyone and I will simply regurgitate the info in both meetings and solicit ideas as well.

Lets start the first one at 12 noon EST Sunday, tomorrow. If people cant make it, we can add the second one.

Eventually, I do want to get some type of regular contact with all of you. If for nothing else we can just bs every once in a while...
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I've been thinking about mission making myself, I might make small-medium missions once the game gets fully released every now and then (even though im still a newbie at editing)

I might be there if im needed, im guessing thats 5pm GMT?
                - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

17:00Z/5pm GMT for all the europeans :)

http://www.zulutime.net/ <-Usefull
                  sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                  [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

I am 90% done with one for ArmA3. Made it in one day. Simple, but should have plenty of action. I will try to attend this.
                    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

it seems as though I've missed the first meeting... are we planning on setting any more?
                      Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

We can do a meeting whenever is good for anyone that missed the first one, even one on one.

I am serious about regular meetings with this team about things as well..

Comment

Originally posted by Yink View Post
                          it seems as though I've missed the first meeting... are we planning on setting any more?
                          Summary of my notes from the first meeting:

New missions should be (excluding to some extent event missions):

1.) Short in duration (less than 1 hour)
                          2.) Small (Less than 20 players, ideally playable with much less)
                          3.) Realistic (no respawn or long respawn time)
                          4.) For ArmA III- NON-moded. (Vanilla)
                          5.) Focus on tactics and teamwork. Possibly use real work examples of fire fights that occured.
                          6.) Avoid ammo box (it wastes time, see point #1).
                          The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Originally posted by Garthra View Post
                            Summary of my notes from the first meeting:

6.) Avoid ammo box (it wastes time, see point #1).

Removing ammo boxes is simply one course of action. Yes the intent is to speed up how long it takes to rapidly start the mission, but at the discretion of you guys it may serve a purpose in the mission you are writing.

Comment

Meeting with the Dev Team

When is the second meeting?

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X