No announcement yet.

Usage of Global & Side channels

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usage of Global & Side channels

I'd like to request that Side & Global channels not be disabled by mission makers.

When we have new players on the server it makes it very difficult to communicate as an admin without the ability to chat or speak outside of groups or command channel. I do understand the reasoning but it ties the admins hands. Our regular players should know to use channels appropriately.

|TG-189th| Unkl
    TG PrimerArmA Game Officer189th Infantry Brigade Former Irregular
    Submit a Ribbon Nomination!
    "this is on par with groups you have to join to get the quality of gameplay and i really enjoyed it" - random dude
    "Remember when the threat has spotted you, smoke first then bring the explosive rounds to bear. When the threat has not spotted you its bang first and smoke after to extract." - Wicks

Re: Usage of Global & Side channels

Disabling side chat serves no purpose. If a mission does not have it enabled they will be removed completely.

As for global, unless someone can present a compelling reason why side should be turned off, I am inclined to enforce that as well..
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Logged in admins have access to global channel even though side and global channels are disabled by the mission makers. Disabling side and global simulates the long range radio and short range radio closer to ACRE. SLs have to communicate using command channel. Grunts have to rely upon other means instead of using this magical side channel... That is the purpose of disabling side channel. To emulate tougher and challenging environment.

As one of those "noobs" I have to say that global chat has helped (when I had no idea what I was doing and how to get in touch with the team). I know my skills will increase and I'll be "on page" with the rest of you soon, but for some missions especially those that will involve (support) the newer player it was super helpful to have it for the "just in case" comms.

My "half cent" contribution.

Can't we just guide the new players and remind the old. To stay off side and global? No need for such measures, unless absolutely necessary.

It really does help to communicate to new players.

TGU Instructor Irregulars TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer
          "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed