Spectator Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectator Mode

Has anyone looked into Spectator Mode for Arma 3 and/or set up specific player slots for it on a mission?

I think it would be a nice addition to some of the pre-planned events, so that an "official" TG observer could record/stream. Could be great for AARs or PR/recruiting efforts.

Re: Spectator Mode

spectator mode is now a respawn option (others being respawning at base or turning into a bird et cetera). so to easily do this just have a select number of units have their damage = 1 at the beginning of the round and they will spawn in as spectators. the problem with this technique is you cant have respawn for the rest of the players unless you script it in. ill try to look into manually putting someone into spectator mode
    Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

I haven't done much mission editing, but it's my understanding that you can also specify pre-defined playable slots for spectators..

I tried to include the wiki link in the original post, but the forums kept denying it. I'll try again without the http...

community.bistudio.com/wiki/Spectator_Mode

Comment

yink couldn't you just use an side that isn't used in the mission like civilian or indie or even wildlfe.
        TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

this exec "camera.sqs"

You can add this to a unit and there you are without the annoying hud elements of the Spectator script. I've just added Gcam as a script in a mission. That is a slick looking camera with some incredible cinematic effects when you zoom in and blur the background, or zoom out to a fish eye lens. Recommend you check it out. I'll be using that tomorrow night to record a TGU instructional video.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutButterWolf View Post
            Has anyone looked into Spectator Mode for Arma 3 and/or set up specific player slots for it on a mission?

I think it would be a nice addition to some of the pre-planned events, so that an "official" TG observer could record/stream. Could be great for AARs or PR/recruiting efforts.
            The poor man's ugly way of doing it that I've seen is having people spawn in and then linking the trigger for the spectator cam to an add action(e.g. flagpole). It does avoid having to mess around with the standard respawn codes out there to get them to work together.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X