Altis - Armory Map - Modification request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altis - Armory Map - Modification request

Can we add some "red man targets" to the map somewhere on and around the field - I (maybe others too) would like to practice some of the longer range stuff (300m, 500m, 1000m . . maybe even a little 1200m) to be sure I'm understanding the ballistics of some of the weapons (CheyTac 408 for one) in ArmA . . . and some known range targets would be very helpful in "ranging" some of the weapons just to be sure.

Thanks,

MadSoloSniper

Re: Altis - Armory Map - Modification request

I think it was Rudolf that created that mission.

In lieu of an edited mission you can do that yourself pretty easily using the editor. Place ammo boxes so you can get your desired weapons and then place the "red man" targets where you want them. Place a unit down and mark as "player" then click preview and you are in.

I'd be glad to walk you through it some evening. It would take maybe ten minutes tops. Also...the armory mission lives on your hard drive as you've d/l it already. I'm not sure exactly where but you can google that or someone here can spell out the path....but every mission you play online is d/l to a file on your hard drive.

I"m not quite sure what the next step is to edit it but I think you need something that "unpacks" the .pbo file. It's a common app and probably easy to use but I've never done it. Again...one of the experienced mission makers can help you with that I bet.

I'll be on tonight if you want to hit me up for a quick run through on the editor.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Type %appdata% into your file browser. Back up 1 directory & open the Local folder. Find the A3 folder, and open the mpmissioncache folder. All the mission pbo's you have played on MP servers are downloaded to that folder. Simply copy them to your My Documents, Arma 3 Other Profiles, MPMissions folder and dePbo it to edit it. B has a great guide written you can find the the Helpful Links post.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Thanks Unkl (and all) that file crack will also be my dive into the deep end of the "mission development" pool

Working with Rudolf (and a host of others) with a simple (yet not so easy) mission idea I have.

Once I get back from a few long business trips I will be digging in deep.

Get ready . . . the flood of questions are coming.

MadSoloSniper

Comment

MadSolo,

If all you want is targets at extreme ranges that go down when hit, I am pretty sure I can do that for you easily (5 min, as Unkl said). If you want a modified version of a pre existing armory mission then I cannot help.

One issue with targets--The last test I did (several weeks ago) seemed to show that targets, when hit, would go down and then pop up again, or never go down at all, depending on the type of target. I had to run a script to make them stay down when hit. Please tell me if I can be of assistance with regard to the issue of "targets won't stay down."

Rudolf is very good at scripting and such, as is Unkl, much better than I, so I doubt you will need me if you have them. But if I can help I will.

Garthra
          The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Back from trip . . . looking forward to some "code time". Garthara, help is appreciated . . heck even pointing me in the right direction is appreciated. Yes, I'm looking for standard steel man targets for setup at various "known Ranges" to help zero in the ballistics of the CheyTec 408 in A3 - for the most part the "page up, Page down" function seems to work but at longer ranges I think it's a little "off" and I'd like to prove it out on the range before getting in the field (again) with 800m shots. . . . so let me know what we (you) can do.

Thanks,

MadSoloSniper

Comment

Unkl,

Did all as suggested in your post, all went well and found easlily. Only diff (and this may be just a technicality) is that the MyDocs/Arma3/OtherProfiles/myname/MISSIONS is where it looks like they go, not "mpmissions" I'm assuming that is a designator for "multi player" and is why it' is not on my local client, or at least not yet. Just checking before I make a mess of things.

Thanks,

MSS

Comment

Your right. If off the main game menu you go to Multiplayer, New and create your own lan server, then you can get into the editor and it will create the mpmissons folder when you create your first mp mission.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-mi...ml#post1791962
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X