Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 3 Task module and ghost target

Hey guys,

im having trouble with a couple things recently. First, is there a way to put the tasks appear in a certain order in the briefing (using the task module). I dont want the players to get confuse about what they need to do first.

Secondly, at night my AI defending force (AAF) is shooting to ghost targets. It looks like its following a target but their is nothing there. Its a night with half moon illumination. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

-Rat
    sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Re: Arma 3 Task module and ghost target

Cancel last....fixed
    sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

I've found if you create tasks using the editor's modules you don't really control the order in which they appear. However, if you create them the old school way in your briefing.sqf then you have control but you don't get the nifty pop up notifications they put into the A3 task modules.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I would suggest you use the new functions in the function library to handle the tasks (like BIS_fnc_taskSetState). they are what the task module uses so you get all the same features but a bit more control.

Comment

I hope this isn't too difficult to understand. Just replace anything with underscores on either side with the text that best fits. Run this in init.sqf, and maybe add a small sleep to put them in order.

Code:
          _taskID = player createSimpleTask ["__TITLE__"];
          _taskID setSimpleTaskDestination __POSITION__ };
          _taskID setSimpleTaskDescription["__DESCRIPTION__", "__TITLE__", "__SHORTDESCRIPTION__" ];
          _taskID setTaskState "CREATED";
          ["TaskAssigned",["","__TITLE__"]] call bis_fnc_showNotification;

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Using BIS_fnc_taskCreate is better as it handles the locality and connects to the task module so if you use the same taskIDs you can set the tasks state with the moduls and only scirpt the creation so that you get the order you want.
            Code:
            BIS_fnc_taskCreate 	
                   Parameters:
            		0: BOOL or OBJECT or GROUP or SIDE or ARRAY - Task owner(s)
            		1: STRING or ARRAY - Task name or array in the format [task name, parent task name]
            		2: ARRAY - Task description in the format ["description", "title", "marker"]
            		3: OBJECT or ARRAY or STRING - Task destination
            		4: BOOL or NUMBER or STRING - Task state (or true to set as current)
            		5: NUMBER - Task priority (when automatically selecting a new current task, higher priority is selected first)

Comment

good call! Can't believe I didn't see that...

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X