Respawn Tickets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respawn Tickets

I'm trying to create a mission with a limited number of respawns across the team. When these are used up, dead players go into spectator mode and when all remaining players are killed YOU LOSE. I've aware of a couple of messy approaches:

1) Set respawn in description.ext to "SIDE", create a bunch of AI with move disabled, allowDamage false. When a player respawns set allowDamage to true. This will automatically set players to spectator mode if no AI remain and triggering defeat once they are all dead is easy.

2) Allow endless respawns, but add an eventHandler on "killed" which checks for tickets and if there are none, moves the player a very long way away and spawns a camera using camCreate. Count the number of "dead" players using public variables and when all players are dead trigger mission end.

The mission is a fireteam sized TVT so this would be happening for two sides... In theory I like option 1 but I want to limit the number of player slots.

Is there a more sensible way to do this?
    sigpic

Re: Respawn Tickets

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

[west,5] call BIS_fnc_respawnTickets;
    TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

Re: Respawn Tickets

Well this is awkward... I visited that page about ten times and never noticed that! :madsmile:

Thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...