Need a reload script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a reload script

I am working with changing weapons on vehicles, nothing crazy just trying to buff some woefully under powered armor.

That being said, I can do and it initially works in the initialization "this removeweapon "LMG_M200"; this addWeapon "LMG_Minigun"; this addMagazines ["2000Rnd_65x39_Belt_Tracer_Red", 1];

However, when the vehicle is destroyed and respawns it goes back to default. Now I messed with the "Vehicle Respawn" module as well as creating a load script, but in both instances it only allowed the initial spawn to have the weapon substitution I was trying to call. Every time it is destroyed, it automatically goes back to default.

I am zero for 3 on ideas to make this work. Anyone have a suggestion?
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Need a reload script

Ok, though the use of a script and trigger I made this work.

As a follow on does anyone know how to put a weapon in a specific slot? i.e. pilot or commander I can now modify weapons and ammo for vehicles/aircraft (and have them respawn that way) but there is still this issue with specific slotting. For example, I am able to add rockets and flares to a UH-80 (Camo) and it works, sorta. The rockets are loaded and available, but they fire forward straight ahead as should, but they are triggered by the door gunners and not the pilot. I was able to get the init accepted, but using something like ""this addweapon commander "xxx";"" just wont play well..

I know this is sorta of one of those things that I know follow on ArmA updates will install, but for now I am trying to pit a square peg in a round hole.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Re: Need a reload script

Im testing some stuff right now, ill see what i can do
      Last edited by Yink; 12-28-2013, 12:07 AM.
      Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X