Cloak & Diver improvement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloak & Diver improvement

We played through Cloak & Diver last night and I think we will make some improvements.

1. Radio silence - I think we will maintain the radio silence aspect if we assume we are encoding text messages ourselves as we enter them in the radios. What I mean is we can text over the radio as long as we use a code. No new map markers could be placed in a radio channel but grid coordinates could be given in code. Grid 127143 could be: cdagba (letters by number where a=1, b=2 and the grid is written backwards). I think it would be fine to assume that the squad leader (or CO if you like) could set up any code they like. JIP's could still use text or throw down a marker to simulate that an HQ would be keeping tabs on the operation & give reinforcements some kind of briefing.

2. Perhaps an expanded role for the pilot as a JIP coordinator. Had great fun last night getting shot down well on the boundry of the AO by some lucky small arms fire.

3. Flashlights will be issued into the crates as well as laser pointers. This should have been there from the get go. Diving goggles as well at the base. There is no diving gear available at the AO supply drop and this will remain so. However, I will prevent the Decode Orders addAction from running the script from the supply box. This doesn't change anything but it is a pain to see the message hints roll by a second time.

4. Considering the complete removal of night vision from all units on the map. Enemy as well.

5. Fix the ambient helo traffic so they don't spot Blufor units and abandon their deliveries. Increase ambient vehicle traffic.

6. Add some more enemy emplaced weapons around the city for those OMG moments of rounding a corner to a nice suprise.

7. Ensure that Opfor Recon units are changed to regular CSAT forces. Their helmets are uber-strong.

8. Mark up some pre-arranged HLZ and landmarks for use for regrouping without the need for breaking radio silence.

9. Improve the briefing for non-TG jips to understand what is going on and how to link up.

Any more thoughts?
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Cloak & Diver improvement

4. Considering the complete removal of night vision from all units on the map. Enemy as well.
    Very interesting. I would say remove them from enemies for sure...

Comment

What is the rationale for no nvg's?

in a real life situation you can be damn sure delta force operatives and other similar units would certainly have them.

I love the mission as is but I'm sure it would be just as good with the changes indicated.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Tried it w/o NVGs . . . flashlights or LOTS of chem-lights would be a must . . . . can't see much away from the lit areas w/o something (like walking into rocks and trees next to the castle in the dark . . . and then walking off a cliff . . lol). I like the other changes and ideas, only request would be distribution of the EI so a smaller force (replay force) can effectively work the mission.

To Grunt's point as a small force assault team I would think we would deploy with some level of "force equalization" capabilities to balance the engagement (ergo - enemy with no NVGs but larger in numbers and NVG enabled smaller assaulting force). Or . . . . detailed intel on EI and emplacements in lieu of NVGs with a few "OMG" moments thrown in.

Good stuff . . . and I love the "radio Silence" element . . . makes for a tough mission w/o trowing hundreds of EI at us.

Thanks Unkl . . . can't wait to try the "new and improved" version.

Comment

New version is up on the server. Thanks to TheBigC for testing and revealing the bugs yesterday. Now, we pretty much did the mission as two medics...but then C ain't your average Arma putz. lol.

The NVG's are still available from the crates. But as diver teams you do have to find your way to a crate before you get them. I really like the look of this city without the NVGs at the night. It will be up to the squad leader if you utilize them or not. I did remove them from the enemy AI so they don't spot you from a distance greater than you can see.

There is also a Blufor Tracker. We were able to encrypt our Sat Coms prior to deployment so we do have real time tracking on our friendly units available to everyone. This should make catching up a bit easier despite the radio silence.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X