Adding TG Scripts to the official Zeus mission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding TG Scripts to the official Zeus mission

I'm really enjoying Zeus although lots of people are remarking that the lack of the magical "U" key is making things a bit more chaotic than they need to be. I've tracked down the official Zeus missions at:

Code:
    G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Curator\Addons\missions_f_curator.pbo
    and I was going to have a stab at adding in the TG templates for U key and group management over the next few days.

Its been talked about a bit so maybe some of our admins have already started looking into this - let me know if I'm wasting my time!
    sigpic

Re: Adding TG Scripts to the official Zeus mission

Ok, well that literally took 5 minutes to add the group manager and name_tags! Have tested on my own but not on a dedicated server or with other players.
    sigpic

Comment

Ah, ran across an issue that when you PBO the mission it blocks access to the default Zeus files. I've seen a forum post about this somewhere - its a security measure related to restricting execution permissions - so I will keep working on it.
      sigpic

Comment

Interesting reference which explains the problem... http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ipts-By-Jetfox. I seem to have fixed it by just copying in the files where an #include directive was used. May need some volunteers to help me test later (at least two would be good).

Ok, time to stop talking to myself and get back to work. :)
        sigpic

Comment

This is good. Last I heard, creating our own Zues mission is a little buggy yet. I'd also like to see another measure of control on who is able to slot in as Zues or Moderator. We can restrict by PID or by logged in admin (something like isCommandAvailable #shutdown). The problem with the stock missions is when there is no TG member on the server and a pubbie gains control. Anyone who accesses the server at that point may not be getting a TG experience.

Thanks for the work Will!
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Just tested with Xor and Pieman on a local server and the PBO version worked like a treat. I'll submit it for upload now.
            sigpic

Comment

Added another layer to test if a modified FAR can play nice with ZEUS... Feedback on test runs are appreciated. Especially looking for major bugs like the somebody becoming invincible.

A couple of note that are not in the briefing... Only people with Medikits (added medic roles as default) will be able to revive somebody. Somebody with a First Aid Kit can stabilize somebody. You have 600 seconds before bleeding out. You should not be able to respawn at all whatsoever...

One thing I changed but have not tested is the duration of a revive... It should feel like 30 seconds... not 6 or instant. Would love feedback on that as well.

Comment

So the most stable version was the original by mecharius. Version after that seems to add too much stuff causing script errors everywhere. Do not upload my v5. I can make a much better and stable one based on mech's v1.

Comment

B I think the updates were to add some new player slots as we're maxing out at 16.

Do you want me to do the same edit on one of the bigger official maps and use that as a base?
                  Last edited by mecharius; 05-14-2014, 09:31 AM. Reason: Grammars
                  sigpic

Comment

Putting this and this down for reference for later. Outlines would include the following:
                    • Zeus can be one of players lugging it out with everybody on the ground.
                    • Zeus' abilities can be restricted to certain pre-approved players via UID within editor.
                    • Multiple preapproved zeuses can create content but cannot control other zeus' content.

Furthermore (for quick reference later), I have made the simplest form of Zeus mission such that voted or logged in admins can be the only ones with access to the Zeus.
                    Last edited by hedgehog; 05-27-2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
                      Putting this and this down for reference for later. Outlines would include the following:
                      • Zeus can be one of players lugging it out with everybody on the ground.
                      • Zeus' abilities can be restricted to certain pre-approved players via UID within editor.
                      • Multiple preapproved zeuses can create content but cannot control other zeus' content.

Furthermore (for quick reference later), I have made the simplest form of Zeus mission such that voted or logged in admins can be the only ones with access to the Zeus.

1. True and this already done in the zeus/mcc4 mission on the server
                      2. True however these players will stay in the zeus slot and will prevent anyone from joining as Zeus. Therefor no mission will be accepted with this feature used.
                      3. False you need to create an event handler that add's any unit/object to the other zeus curators.
                      TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

I've been biting my tongue on this topic of restricting Zues access for a few weeks. There is a development coming where only approved TG people will have the keys for Zues/Moderator. The admin team will be able to manage the list of active Zues and we don't have to worry about the TG server name being dragged through the mud by a newbie powertripper who grabbed Zues or voted admin when there is few players on.

Sit tight a little longer folks, the hamsters are busy in the cages...more info will come very very soon.

It will involve a script injection into missions but no mission designer will have to worry about PID or GUID and the admin team will directly control the list dynamically from a text file on the server. So much easier and better in the long run.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                        189th Infantry Brigade Member
                        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X