Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a free cookoff sound effect?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a free cookoff sound effect?

I'm trying to script cookoff back in to a mission because I miss the sound effects from the ACE days. Anybody know of a good free sound effect for cookoff? I've found a couple around the place but nothing has quite captured the crackle yet...
    sigpic

Re: Anybody have a free cookoff sound effect?

Well here is what I have done so far. I feel like its missing a "firecracker crackle" sound in the background.

At the moment it only works on vehicles that are on the map when init.sqf is run. The next step is to apply the cookoff to any vehicle spawned using createVehicle using an "init" event handler.
    sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure than you can import the cookoff effect from arma 2 ACe

Comment

Hey LiquidCommander. Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think the ACE team allows that:

License (short)
        ===============

You are free:
        - to Share to copy, distribute and transmit the work

Under the following conditions:
        - Attribution You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
        - Noncommercial You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
        - No Derivative Works You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
        I'm definitely not a lawyer :) but the way I read the "No Derivative Works" part seems to suggest nope to borrowing their files.
        sigpic

Comment

you could just do some sound editing some some actual firecracker sounds.

Firecracker sounds
          Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Hey thanks Yink thats what I was after! I was looking for fireworks but a lot of the sounds had a bit too much reverb and lots of whistling and cheering in the background :) I will fire up audacity...
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X