Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zues - Operation Zulu

Hey B,

How did you control the access to Zues in Operation Zulu and why do I need to be in a kart to access Zues funtions? Wondering how you accomplished this. If we can adjust this to allow access to only players we have on a list that is stored outside the mission on the server then we finally have the option we need to allow Pathfinders access to real time mission editing.

Unky
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Zues - Operation Zulu

Ah right. The UIDs are stored in an array in the initPlayerLocal.sqf... I guess instead of writing each one in the vehicle restrictor, you can name the array from server location. I am not clear on how to do that. There is a trigger in the mission in front of those two carts in the editor... This trigger gives Zeus functionalities to the slotted player when he is in the cart... When is out of the cart the zeus functionalities are taken away...

Couple that with the vehicle restrictor script which restrcits certain classnames/UIDs/InGameNames to use certain vehicles. You have zeus whitelisting. So a player who tries to get into that cart they will be ejected. If they are ejected they cannot have the Zeus. Only those who are able to get in the vehicle and stay in the vehicle can have zeus.

So open up the mission file and look in the following files to duplicate/modify.

1. initPlayerLocal.sqf (Remember anything after // is a comment)

Code:
    //---------------------------Zeus whitelisting----------------------------
    [
    	["C_Kart_01_F"],				//Which vehicles are restricted

//UIDs of TG Arma Pathfinders... Array of strings like:   ["76561198101975209", "76561198101975209", "76561198101975209"], ... Do not forget the commas in between... and no comma after the last one

[
    		"76561198101975209",		//SoloSniper
    		"76561197981220011"			//|TG|B... for testing purposes... remove later
    	], 			

"TG Arma Pathfinders only.",	//Message upon ejection
    	true,							//Restrict Commander seat?
    	true,							//Restrict Gunner seat?
    	true							//Restrict driver seat?
    ] execVM "B\restrictVehicles.sqf";
    2. Names of those two zeus modules, those two rangemasters.
    3. The two triggers that are next to those carts and those Zeus modules (Activiation and Deactivation code in there)...
    4. in the folder B, restrcitvehicles.sqf

I now can think of a few improvements like not restricting them to those two RangeMasters... Anyway, hopefully that was clear. I am still lurking the forums now and then. :icon12:
    Last edited by hedgehog; 08-19-2014, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Very creative solution! Great work and thank you!
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

[MENTION=4091]|TG| B[/MENTION] do you have this mission still?
        "3. The two triggers that are next to those carts and those Zeus modules (Activiation and Deactivation code in there)... "
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I don't have that mission any more unfortunately. I think this post might be of use https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/16...ing-zeus-slot/

I did make a ZGM where the zeus is an virtual entity and is whitelisted by UID. This one is vanilla solution and I though it worked very nicely. When somebody who is not authorized takes the zeus slot, they see mission complete screen right away and must abort, while those who are on the UID list can join the game as the Virtual Zeus. My missions folder is zipped here. Extract and find the ZGM_NATO_TG1 mission to see the ins and outs.

I am gonna put the main parts:
          Code:
          //description.ext
          class CfgDebriefing
          {  
          	class End6
          	{
          		title = "Unallowed Slot";
          		subtitle = "You are not authorized to be Zeus!";
          		description = "Here at TacticalGamer.com only allowed regular players are allowed to play as Zeus in order to uphold the quality of the gameplay we offer. Please slot in as one of the players to enjoy our teamplay and mature environment. Thank you for your cooperation.";
          		pictureBackground = "";
          	};
          };
          Code:
          //initPlayerLocal.sqf
          TG_Zeuses = [ "76561198101975209",
          				"76561197978593321",
          				"76561198006597015",
          				"76561197988973734",
          				"76561198003695139",
          				"76561198011358611",
          				"76561198089258922",
          				"76561197981220011",
          				"76561198009684213"];

if ((side player == sideLogic) && !((getPlayerUID player) in TG_Zeuses))then{endMission "END6"};
          And made sure that Virtual Zeuses were on sideLogic not BLUFOR, or OPFOR or Independent.

The ZGM mission had a few bugs. Zeus is not able to see JIPs as I thought was handled by the code in initPlayerServer.sqf

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X