Yink's Scripting Tutorial: Episode I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] Yink's Scripting Tutorial: Episode I

I'm starting a video series for arma scripting as per twitter feedback, so heres an intro/test for the first one.
    also I'm looking for critique to make the series better for everyone, and maybe requests for future videos but i also have some plans.

Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Re: Yink's Scripting Tutorial: Episode I

Vid looks great Yink. And is that Sabaton playing?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by J.BECKNER View Post
      Vid looks great Yink. And is that Sabaton playing?
      Yup, stuff from their their new album. Next videos will be more informative and hands on, this is just the beginning.

Comment

I think a real helpful approach would be to create a story that can be made into a mission and then use your videos/expertise to create the mission from the story.

I'd like to learn things like how to create a mission the opens while you are parachuting into a night time LZ. Or a mission that opens up with your squad being transported in by helo.

I tried these in the past but I got fouled up with groups and who commanded the chopper and getting them to take me to the right place etc. It's hard to create a mission with complicated events.

I also tried to create a sequence where you had to capture an HVT who was guarded by a small force but the alarm has gone out and upon capture the force is attacked by the enemy and has to fight them off.

I have all these ideas for fun missions and I've tried to execute them for years using the editor. I've studied guides and tutorials and I've learned alot from them but never been able to translate them into the events I want in the mission. I'm not alone in this I know. I've often thought it would be cool to write a scenario and then submit it to the mission team to have them build it but I'd love to have the ability to build it myself.

Anyways...I'll look to your vids for more info...looking forward to the next one already
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
          I think a real helpful approach would be to create a story that can be made into a mission and then use your videos/expertise to create the mission from the story.

I'd like to learn things like how to create a mission the opens while you are parachuting into a night time LZ. Or a mission that opens up with your squad being transported in by helo.

I tried these in the past but I got fouled up with groups and who commanded the chopper and getting them to take me to the right place etc. It's hard to create a mission with complicated events.

I also tried to create a sequence where you had to capture an HVT who was guarded by a small force but the alarm has gone out and upon capture the force is attacked by the enemy and has to fight them off.

I have all these ideas for fun missions and I've tried to execute them for years using the editor. I've studied guides and tutorials and I've learned alot from them but never been able to translate them into the events I want in the mission. I'm not alone in this I know. I've often thought it would be cool to write a scenario and then submit it to the mission team to have them build it but I'd love to have the ability to build it myself.

Anyways...I'll look to your vids for more info...looking forward to the next one already
          thanks for the ideas grunt, this is the kind of thing ill be planning on doing in the future, but for right now im looking to build a foundation with this series. once i get into certain commands/functions ill look into examples of how to tie them into missions, for example the ones you proposed, and possible do specific requests and explain my reasoning behind certain scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
            I've often thought it would be cool to write a scenario and then submit it to the mission team to have them build it but I'd love to have the ability to build it myself.
            Hop in the mission development channel. You can bet one of us that do mission dev will pop in and help you out! Start a thread in here and we will certainly assist as well. We need more mission makers at all times!
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X