X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Manager - help

We need a good group manager that:
    • Displays on screen all groups and their members
    • Displays the players current role (medic, has ar, has at, engineer, pilot, crewman, leader, ect)
    • Allows players to join those groups or request to join based
    • Allows a mission commander to login and approve all join requests or each on individually
    • Allows for logged in admin overide on commander
    • Needs a message system to notify commander of requests

This would allow players to join a group without having to be near a player in the group and still respects the chain of command in the case of rogue players.

Anyone know of an existing system that is open for use? Anyone able to throw something together?
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Group Manager - help

noted
    Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

This caught my eye a while back. It is newly developed system. Thus prone to bugs as can be seen by the forum feedback. I have not tested it or opened it up yet.

ATLAS Squad Manager

Comment

heres a quick sneak peak of what im doing, i tweaked a few things to work with an ai buddy though. cleaner without those

Comment

This is looking like what we need to handle JIP players. So many times we lose the new players because they don't know how to find their way to the team. Getting them into the right group and talking to the right leader WITHOUT having them first find someone from that team will help immensely. Thanks for all this hard work Yink!

You might consider using the "joinSilent" command so players don't have to hear their AI characters order and reply to the join command. You've probably already done that though :row__523:
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Ya I had it on join for easier testing. It's also just a little confirmation.

Comment

Well tested and planned features are implemented, just need some final testing before I make a script bin post on how to integrate it

Comment

I can code one up as a mission module. I can just limit all pv usage to a single pipe and connection handler. Then you give unique names to the groups you create. So you could have a dialog box which lists all the groups with there custom names, and a create/join button, and then a text field for placing in the new group name.

Comment

thanks goschie but all of those functions are already there, just have to test potential scope issues, so ill need some volunteers to try and break it and the dedi

Comment

Originally posted by Yink View Post
                    thanks goschie but all of those functions are already there, just have to test potential scope issues, so ill need some volunteers to try and break it and the dedi
                    I might need the code to try and break it properly (if it actually has any bugs), is the source posted?

Comment

We ran another test last night and found a couple wee bugs. I think we did 3 version last night. I think Yink is now adding the functionality for 2 additional factions. [MENTION=48800]Yink[/MENTION], you might consider adding a 4th for Civilian :icon12: You never know.

I know my intent is to include it in a first run of a couple ATF missions we will play through later in the weekend. Yink may have his new code ready for a test tonight but we will be too busy with TacBF to do any testing on our dedi until Saturday afternoon.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X