ATF - Mission Dev Q/A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF - Mission Dev Q/A

I've created this thread to keep the nuts and bolts of ATF mission design in the proper forum.

I've started my first ATF mission: ATF Kavala Scourge

I've added B's revive and other scripts (group manager, weapon resting, group names). Working on some of the other details now like removing the marker on the exact location of the flag. I think teams should have to search the yard line for the actual flag. Will increase the player count as well since the bases are 1.2 km apart across Kavala.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: ATF - Mission Dev Q/A

FIRST DRAFT

Revive isn't working. I'm going to guess that it's to do with the event handler added to detect the highest location for players to respawn at? B, you'd probably notice this in a second if you have a minute.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

There are several Damage handlers in EnableZSP.sqf, init.sqf and initATF.sqf... I just saw those after a quick search. I bet they would cause some conflict with damage handler in the revive script. Will try to find some time to look into it further.

Oh P.S. The version 2015-02-08 is better Unk... Copy and paste the code in forums over the old one or extract it from one of my new submissions.

Comment

I use SafeZoneProtection in CLIENT_LOCAL_ONLY for players. EnableSZP is for vehicles.

They are nearly identical, but SafeZoneProtection will directly use player and is scheduler safe unlike EnableSZP

EDIT: Oh yeah, and SafeZoneProtection is called in init.sqf's client synchronization. Using syntax [] call ClientLocalOnly_SafeZoneProtection;

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
          FIRST DRAFT

Revive isn't working. I'm going to guess that it's to do with the event handler added to detect the highest location for players to respawn at? B, you'd probably notice this in a second if you have a minute.
          Carrier respawn is disabled, which puts people at the highest 2d point to respawn at for their respawn location.

Comment

Hey guys! Im currently almost done adding CreateFlagMarkersEnemy and UpdateFlagMarkerSizeEnemy to the current beta.

Basically, there will be another param called "Hidden Enemy Flag Zones", and the FlagMarkerEH will utilize those new scripts if the mode is on and the flag is an enemy one.

Effects:

- The result is enemy flag markers which will be hidden (the only thing you can see/hear is the flag pole object and the beeping).

- Once the enemy flag zone is at all captured (less than 100% captured), the markers will reveal themselves like normal. That way it only becomes hidden again when its been recaptured to 100%! And nobody can hide the flag simply by moving it because it maintains its state. So the opposing team cant just exploit this new feature.

- The flag zone line will remain visible no matter what, like we discussed.

Next, I will add the option to lock down a flag zone which is less than 100%, and only make it movable when its been recaptured back to 100%.

Comment

Been wondering how it would play out if you determine the distance players are from the flag in x,y,z. This way a team could deploy their flag on a rooftop and garrison the building.

I can see in this instance how having a flag marker off could be a real hinderance to gameplay if the flag could be hidden in any building on the yard line with a large urban area. However, I can also imagine that some well chosen mission locations might offer a few choices of buildings that would become strategic hotspots for each team.

Just a thought for consideration.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Complete new guy in regards to mission development. Is there any plans in the future to allow parameters where a server can prevent flag carriers from getting in vehicles, strictly moved by foot?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty View Post
                  Complete new guy in regards to mission development. Is there any plans in the future to allow parameters where a server can prevent flag carriers from getting in vehicles, strictly moved by foot?
                  That is an awesome idea! Yes, as long as you detail it out on at least the:

forums.
                  bistudio.com
                  /showthread.php?188482-MP-Advance-The-Flag-(ATF)-Beta-Pack

link to help me remember the feature request. After a while it gets hard to keep track of all the forums, so it would greatly help me if you could post it there. Feel free to post it here in the meantime

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                    Been wondering how it would play out if you determine the distance players are from the flag in x,y,z. This way a team could deploy their flag on a rooftop and garrison the building.

I can see in this instance how having a flag marker off could be a real hinderance to gameplay if the flag could be hidden in any building on the yard line with a large urban area. However, I can also imagine that some well chosen mission locations might offer a few choices of buildings that would become strategic hotspots for each team.

Just a thought for consideration.
                    Thats a great parameter option. Might need a warning of some kind upon the mission beginning to clarify the capture rule being put into affect.

Comment

Have you guys got the revive to work?

I have implemented 3 additional PARAMETERS:
                      1. If you so choose, enemy zones are hidden until less than 100%
                      2. If you so choose, zones can be locked down when less than 100% (cant move them)
                      3. If you so choose, flag carriers cant get in vehicles

All can be overridden in the init.sqf like normal variable parameters as well. Basically, if you set an override parameter to true in the init.sqf, it will permanently be on for that mission. If false, then the parameter you set in MP character select is used.

Comment

Something I'm also ready to discuss is a "secret" feature of the system that exists for the sole purpose of acting like special areas. The reason I've kept it secret is because you must be careful with this feature.

The feature is called "Hot Zones". If you put down an area marker (like rectangle or ellipse) and denote them "HOT_ZONE_1" through "HOT_ZONE_<Integer>", make sure they are "ColorYellow", then what should happen is any flag placed in that area will gain tickets 25% faster. This will attract a ton of conflict to the area, and thus make it a hot zone. The original purpose was to start focused fights like in the AAS static zones, but in a totally new and creative way.

Please keep in mind that this feature is untested in arma 3; it did work in arma 2.

Comment

[MENTION=46028]Goschie[/MENTION] - Those hot zones sound very cool. I'll be trying that out.

Let me share what we've been doing. Yink has been crafting Yinks Group Manager so that players can organize their groups through an on-screen list instead of having to virtually approach other players to interact with them directly. This took an extra four days to complete due to some over sights on my part we dug up while testing and refining. The final version is in my hands and I'll be further testing asap.

I've added B's TG collection of features which I've had to strip most of them away (View Distance/Grass controls, previous group_manager.sqf, ect). I'm still working on that. Obviously I'm kinda focused on our TacBF events but I'm really loving the possibility of having this running on our vanilla server.

I've experimented with the size of the AO and have a much better idea on how it will play out. We did another test last night with 3vs3 and the "Kavala Scourge sm" version played pretty well. I'd make it a little larger yet.

So since Yinks Group Manager wasn't fully functional, some of the scripts that were not suitable for PvP play were still in....I didn't make an announcement that we were testing it. I know I thought we'd test this on Sat. Just wanted to assure everyone that this is still on. It's going to be a very fun way of introducing TvT on the vanilla server.

I'll be posting the next test session as soon as I've confirmed that we have a working full featured mission. I'm targeting Thursday but it may not be until the weekend depending on other projects.
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Let me know if you guys need me working on a particular feature, perhaps the net code of the group manager. Have you messed with the ATF_MAX_FLAG_ZONES variable? If you have not, it should be set at 2, which means EACH SIDE gets 2 flag zones once the max player count is reached. So alpha and bravo on one side, while delta and charlie are on the other. If you start the game with less than half of your max player count, it will only give you 1 per side instead of 2.

EDIT: And you can always set this higher if you want.
                            Last edited by Goschie; 02-17-2015, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone!

I just want to let you guys know about what i'm currently doing. First, i've been pretty busy with classes (I study physics and computer science).
                              Second, I've been experimenting with and I have decided to work on something interesting....

Im making a new special weapon, one more like a "super weapon" but more balanced. Basically, if you get an EMP kit from the kit system, you gain something called a "Satellite Client". This allows you to connect to orbiting satellite(s) and fire a directed EMP once it has entered the time window.
                              The satellite will be visible as a HUD tag slowly drifting across the sky, and you can set its map coordinates to fire at, offsets, and communicate with it in general through the satellite client. Visually, the GUI is looking pretty neat so far, with textures taken from calculator windows, and a console like terminal.
                              And the coolest part, when you fire the EMP, everything starts to glow blue until it reaches peak intensity then dies off. If you look at the sky at night, you see the spot where the satellite fired as a star appearing out of nowhere brightening at the same rate as the blue light.

Any vehicles caught near the coordinates you put in will get disabled, simulating the fact the effective part of the EMP is directed. A massive bass heavy sound plays so you can "hear" the EMP.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X