Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its that time of the year again....(custom loadouts)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its that time of the year again....(custom loadouts)

Hey folks!

Its that time of the year again, the time when you have to grind and spend twice the amount of time to customizing units kit as you spend making the entire mission....

question for you all: What is YOUR way of doing it? Im looking for fast and efficient no bull**** way of making custom kit that works in dedicated mp. Ive been editing missions since 2010 (about one a year on average ahah) and its always a hassle for me lol.

Thanks for your inputs!

-Rat
    sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Re: Its that time of the year again....(custom loadouts)

The LEA Loadout Editor is a mod you can run while you build your mission. It will give you a very good graphical interface you can use to set up kits. I found it useful to generate the base kits and then I just tweak the script from there. That is an easy way.

But even easier, perhaps is using the in-game Armoury where you can customize a loadout and export it. Copy and paste into your loadout.sqf script and it's super easy. Haven't done that in a while but it is even easier than loading LEA.

(edit: Arsenal darn it...that's what I meant, what B says in 2 posts)
    Last edited by Unkl; 02-14-2015, 02:41 PM.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Something like this?

Virtual Ammobox System by Tonic updated - Editing and Scripts - Armaholic
      sigpic

Comment

Oooh... VAS is no longer supported by the original author. He got into it with others in the community and took down all of his work. I think you can find a version that still works. But in the long term it will be phased out.

The good thing is that this concept which was proven to be super popular by VAS gave birth to Bohemia's Arsenal. A vritual gearing up system in the vanilla game. If you are customizing the gear of a soldier, this is the tool to use. Once you customize a solider to your liking, copy and paste the code to the init field of the unit. Easiest way to do it...

Check out an old outdated but still works tutorial video.

Comment

Cool B ill check it out!
          sigpic

Comment

Used the Arsenal this morning to set up kits for the Tactical Strike mission. Works very well. Just be sure to load a new container (backpack, vest, uniform) with each loadout you set up as there seems to be residual gear in them that will not show to you sometimes.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X